S
Posted By
shaneh
Aug 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a set of 16 pre-set colors that I supply to my designers by way of a saved Swatch set. In Photoshop 6 I was able to double click any swatch in the palette and use the color picker to change the color. In CS all I can do is rename, delete, or add colors. I can’t find a way to actually change the values of a color that already exists.

In trying to make everyone’s life just a little easier, I’d like to keep all 16 of the colors in the same order, so deleting the old color and adding the new one works, but adds the new color to the end of the palette.

Am I missing something, or has that functionality been lost in CS?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MR
Mike Russell
Aug 9, 2004
shane wrote:
I have a set of 16 pre-set colors that I supply to my designers by way of a saved Swatch set. In Photoshop 6 I was able to double click any swatch in the palette and use the color picker to change the color. In CS all I can do is rename, delete, or add colors. I can’t find a way to actually change the values of a color that already exists.
In trying to make everyone’s life just a little easier, I’d like to keep all 16 of the colors in the same order, so deleting the old color and adding the new one works, but adds the new color to the end of the palette.

Am I missing something, or has that functionality been lost in CS?

It’s true that CS has silently removed the ability to edit a swatch’s color in place, but you can rename it.

OTOH ImageReady will edit a swatch color, but does not have a notion of its name.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections