Posted By
clover827
Dec 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I’m going to be taking a class in the spring that requires knowledge of photoshop. As I haven’t actually taken the prerequisite course for this class I was told that I need to learn about how to use Photoshop prior to when the class begins in January. The class uses Photoshop 7.0 which is $385. However, as i would prefer to avoid spending that much on my own computer, I am wondering if Photoshop Elements 2.0 would be enough to learn all the basic stuff with. Could anyone here tell me??

thanks,
Meghan

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DC
Don Coon
Dec 7, 2003
"Clover827" wrote in message
Hi,
I’m going to be taking a class in the spring that requires knowledge of photoshop. As I haven’t actually taken the prerequisite course for this
class I
was told that I need to learn about how to use Photoshop prior to when the class begins in January. The class uses Photoshop 7.0 which is $385.
However,
as i would prefer to avoid spending that much on my own computer, I am wondering if Photoshop Elements 2.0 would be enough to learn all the basic stuff with. Could anyone here tell me??

Most, but not all of the basics. The first significant missing basic is the Curves tool. Curves are used frequently and I’d be surprised if the class didn’t use it. I would guess there are other missing basics that could be a problem. There’s less "layers" functions also.

You can buy PS 7 for under $250 on Ebay. The academic price at my university is $283.

Good Luck!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections