EI
Posted By
Enrique_Ivern
Oct 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a new problem with my Graphire pen, using it on Photoshop 7.01. At a certain point it ceases to respond, that is I move the pen on the tablet and the cursor stands still. A few moments or minutes later it moves a little….however the same movement can be performed with the mouse with no proplem.
Problem doesn’t present itself with other applications.
Reinstalled driver, rebuilt preferences, searched forums – there’s a like problem about pen losing sensitivity – but I just cannot make it work as it
did flawlessly for over two years.
Any ideas?
Oh… Windows XP.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 6, 2003
Have you checked for driver updates?
RB
Robert_Blackwell
Oct 6, 2003
Does it just stop reponding or is it lagging out and taking time to catch up. Also, do you have a section of your wacom mapped out for photoshop or do you use the whole pad and does this happen at the exact same coords each time?
EI
Enrique_Ivern
Oct 6, 2003
Driver is last, 4.76-4
Using whole area, and it happens all over.
It starts lagging, then refuses to move, then maybe in some other area catches on, and maybe in a few seconds or minutes it starts again. Mouse works ok.
RB
Robert_Blackwell
Oct 6, 2003
your regular mouse, or the wacom mouse, maybe your nib needs replacing. Does the eraser side of your pen do the same thing?
EI
Enrique_Ivern
Oct 6, 2003
On the same tablet, the Wacom mouse works ok.
DL
Dave_London
Oct 7, 2003
It could be your USB plug. Try the other plug on the machine or simply make sure the plug is well seated in the jack. I had strange problems with my tablet and the problem was solved when I unplugged and then replugged the tablet,
HL
hanford_lemoore
Oct 7, 2003
Over the past 6 years of using Photoshop and Wacom pens for a variety of employers and on my home system, I’ve noticed this behavior consinstently (again this is on multiple PCs, since Photoshop 5, and on a variety of USB and serial Wacom pens):

1. Photoshop regularly stops reconizing pressure (but still gets mouse up/down events). This normally happens when I use Photoshop and other programs at the same time, switching between them (all day). At some point, going back to Photoshop, pressure won’t be detected. This happened to me just now, and I have a very recent driver (Downloaded from Wacom last week) and photoshop 7.01. Pressure still shows up in the Wacom control panel, but not in Photoshop. This seems to happen to me pretty-much every day.

2. From time to time the Wacom will stop controlling the mouse. Moving the pen away from the tablet for a few seconds, then bringing it back into range, normally fixes it, but since I got the latest driver from wacom last week, it seems like the only thing that fixes it is a reboot. This sounds like the problem Enrique is having, too.

Anyone else experience this?

~Hanford
RM
Raymond_McKinley
Oct 7, 2003
Enrique

I’ve got a similar problem with my Intuos. Last week at Photoshop world the tablets there weren’t exhibiting this problem. The sesitivity was not the same as mine however. When I reduced the tip feel to a very low sensitivity like my own tablet, the tablet started to stall for a few minutes the same way that mine does. I also have the latest Wacom driver.

Raymond
EI
Enrique_Ivern
Oct 7, 2003
Well, at least I don’t feel alone now.
Thanks everybody.
RB
Robert_Blackwell
Oct 7, 2003
Well, if it doesn’t do it on the eraser or the mouse, I can’t say whatelse it could be aside from getting a new nib…it’s worth a shot. Or you could e-mail wacom about it.

You could try pulling out your nib and putting it back in too…you never know.
DR
Dino_Roncalli
Oct 15, 2003
I experience your problems: we have more than a dozen of systems, running win2k/xp/RH linux with imaing applications; some of them use psp7.0.1 (on win2k/xp) and sooner or later psp looses pressure control, other apps loose wacom at all. The only way to recover is for psp to delete the prefs (hidden is documents/.. folder) and for linux cycle the power or even to reload the driver.
JA
John_A_Hughes
Nov 13, 2003
Hello all,

I’m having exactly the same problems… A suddenly non-responsive tablet and then pressure (and sometimes tilt) will no longer register when using the brushes dynamics features. I’m using a Intuos 1 tablet (Model # GD…) The tablet’s driver does pick up the pressure, and so do other software programs (e.g. Flash), and for me rebooting doesn’t seem to solve the problem. Cannot find any mention of this on the Wacom site, but I am also using the latest drivers and PSP 7.0.1. I’ve just deleted my prefs file, and am going to reboot. If that works, I’ll post the good news.
JA
John_A_Hughes
Nov 13, 2003
Deleting the prefs file seemed to do the trick. I had to do a search to find the file called "Adobe Photoshop 7.0 prefs" and then reboot.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Nov 13, 2003
Hi everybody,
switching off "double click assistent" in Wacom setup eliminated this same problem I had in the beginning.
PS7.01
Win 2000 pro
Wacom Graphire 2
SM
sam_m_brown
Nov 13, 2003
Yeah, same problem as this

"1. Photoshop regularly stops reconizing pressure (but still gets mouse up/down events). This normally happens when I use Photoshop and other programs at the same time, switching between them (all day). At some point, going back to Photoshop, pressure won’t be detected. This happened to me just now, and I have a very recent driver (Downloaded from Wacom last week) and photoshop 7.01. Pressure still shows up in the Wacom control panel, but not in Photoshop. This seems to happen to me pretty-much every day."

Wacom Intuos Serial. Haven’t had the non response problem only the lack of pressure detection.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections