B
Posted By
beeadam
Oct 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m can fill an area of a drawing with the bucket pattern fill however it takes accessivly long to acomplish this.
it worked fine and fast for the first little while, but now its taking over 10 seconds for a small simple pattern fill on a 300 dpi jpeg.

any suggestions?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
beeadam
Oct 6, 2003
interesting i never thought of that
thank u
i’ll giver a try
B
beeadam
Oct 6, 2003
i’m still getting the same issue, the progress bar saying "paint bucket" proceededs quickly to the "t" in paint then pauses for 10-15 seconds then proceededs quickly to finish and then the filling takes place.

even when i made a new pattern that was 4 times the size of my pervious pattern same thing happens/

any other suggestions?
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 6, 2003
Got me. Chris or one of the other techies might have an idea. Do you have lots of disk space and/or ram? Which OS are you under. (Not that I can solve it, but they will probably want to know these anyway).
B
beeadam
Oct 6, 2003
good point.
i’m a p4 1.8Ghz 512MB sd ram win 2k pro w/ 40 gb free hdd space and 551mb total system memory avaible @ time of paint bucket issue

also, i’m using the trial version of 7.0.1 i got 27 days left (i just needed photoshop for a quick project thats turned into a pattern nightmare!

thanks again
AB
Adam B
Oct 6, 2003
well after about an hour of this " $%^& computer… $%^ piece of #$%#…. i’m gonna #$#$^*"

i finally determined that my file size was 130MB for a JPEG and that i should bash my head into the desk.. i quickly scaled down the 70"X29" @ 600dpi image to 22"X6"@ 300dpi and my pattern filling issues were instantly solved.

i should have remembered Ockham’s Razor right form the getgo: all things being equal, the simplist answer tends to be the correct one.

thanks for helping though

wrote in message
I’m can fill an area of a drawing with the bucket pattern fill however it
takes accessivly long to acomplish this.
it worked fine and fast for the first little while, but now its taking
over 10 seconds for a small simple pattern fill on a 300 dpi jpeg.
any suggestions?
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 6, 2003
I’m sure someone from Adobe will jump in to help. They will be sure to want to get you committed to PS so you buy a copy after the demo ends.

Here is a HUGE warning. Don’t mess, or allow any software to mess, with the system clock on the computer. Even changing it a few seconds will cause the demo to assume you are trying to beat a few more days out of it, and cause it to stop operating.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections