Problems installing full version after installing ‘trial’ version….

CT
Posted By
Curtis_Thorburn
Oct 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been ‘trialing’ PS7 for a few months now. For some strange reason, the copy I had stopped working one. I went out and bought the full-version. Now it won’t let me install this new full-version application.

Can anyone help me?
I don’t want to have to re-format my drive…
Is there somewhere in the registry that not allowing me to install any more photoshop products because it thinks I am a security risk?

Cheers

PS I am running XP Pro

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Oct 6, 2003
the trial version is only good for 30 days. i don’t know how you got it to run for months.

did you actually buy the full version (~$600) or did you get an upgrade (~$150). If the upgrade, you need a full version either installed or on hand for verification when you install it.

dave
CW
Colin_Walls
Oct 6, 2003
Or were you "borrowing" someone else’s copy? If so, Adobe would be very interested in helping you …
CT
Curtis_Thorburn
Oct 6, 2003
I have the full version of 5.5 and the upgrade for 7.
The trial I was borrowing from a friend, I don’t know how it worked for so long, just did, then one day it didn’t.
CW
Colin_Walls
Oct 6, 2003
Lending and borrowing is not allowed by Adobe license, but anyway …

I would suggest that you uninstall all versions of PS on your PC. Then install the PS 7 upgrade, inserting the V5.5 media when requested to do so.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 6, 2003
you might want to get a registry cleaner to clear out all adobe refrences if you still have a problem.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections