Posted By
Voivod
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 21:09:14 GMT, "James Bell" scribbled:

Sorry about the size and the text accross it, but I don’t want anybody stealing it for anything

First, this ain’t a binaries group, don’t post binaries here. Second, if you want people to judge your work SHOW
your work and not some idiotically stomped on postage
stamp with ‘Sample’ slapped across the middle of it.
You want me to judge that? Ok, it sucks. It’s too small, and some asshole typed ‘Sample’ across it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

"Voivod" wrote in message

Sorry about the size and the text accross it, but I don’t want anybody stealing it for anything

First, this ain’t a binaries group, don’t post binaries here. Second, if you want people to judge your work SHOW
You want me to judge that? Ok, it sucks. It’s too small, and some asshole typed ‘Sample’ across it.

Yeah, and you spelled ‘across’ with two c’s. What the hell were you thinking?

James, in the future post a link to your website if you want to show something in a non-binary newgroup. As far as stamping "sample" across it goes most people here could remove that in a heartbeat, but I don’t think they would bother because the whole thing could be easily recreated. As far as the style goes, I like it but why should you care. Do you like it? Personal styles get perfected, evolve, get boring etc. I know painters who have perfected their technique to a degree I could only dream of attaining and yet I think their style stinks. Still they sell. Go figure.
MC
Martin Chiselwitt
Dec 3, 2003
i use Mozilla for this newsgroup. In order to see Binary groups, must I get a specific software? Or use a different news server? i am not very informed about these matters – sorry if it seems a dumb question
EG
Eric Gill
Dec 4, 2003
Martin Chiselwitt wrote in news:Mquzb.1376$Dh5.324
@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net:

i use Mozilla for this newsgroup. In order to see Binary groups, must I get a specific software?

Mozilla should be able to see binary attachments, though it’s a bit limited in it’s support.

Or use a different news server?

Only if you are using a server that doesn’t allow binaries; I don’t believe ntlworld is one of those.

i am not very informed about these matters – sorry if it seems a dumb question

Well, it may feel that way when you realize that most (though hardly all) newsgroups that allow/encourage/are completely for binaries have the word "binaries" in their name, such as alt.binaries.pictures.military. Take a look at the newsgroups list in Mozilla.
MC
Martin Chiselwitt
Dec 4, 2003
i am sure i saw a posting here saying that this was NOT a binary group. so i assume that attachments are not allowed?
If this is the case, then I apologise for posting a jpeg… which i will do in response to another post shortly..

l8rz

Eric Gill wrote:
Martin Chiselwitt wrote in news:Mquzb.1376$Dh5.324
@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net:

i use Mozilla for this newsgroup. In order to see Binary groups, must I get a specific software?

Mozilla should be able to see binary attachments, though it’s a bit limited in it’s support.

Or use a different news server?

Only if you are using a server that doesn’t allow binaries; I don’t believe ntlworld is one of those.

i am not very informed about these matters – sorry if it seems a dumb question

Well, it may feel that way when you realize that most (though hardly all) newsgroups that allow/encourage/are completely for binaries have the word "binaries" in their name, such as alt.binaries.pictures.military. Take a look at the newsgroups list in Mozilla.
MC
Martin Chiselwitt
Dec 4, 2003
Martin Chiselwitt wrote:

i am sure i saw a posting here saying that this was NOT a binary group. so i assume that attachments are not allowed?
If this is the case, then I apologise for posting a jpeg… which i will do in response to another post shortly.

no, i won’t.. sorry… ermm.. i guess i just don’t understand these things…
EG
Eric Gill
Dec 4, 2003
Martin Chiselwitt wrote in
news:Sawzb.1463$:

Right. There are many reasons for this, but perhaps the most important one is that many newsservers only allocate so much space for a group. One attachment could easily be larger than an entire days’ traffic for a moderately busy group. This results in messages being thrown out very quickly, ruining the usefullness of the group.

If this is the case, then I apologise for posting a jpeg… which i will
do in response to another post shortly..

Please don’t. Get some webspace – many places offer a little for free – and post a link. Like this:

http://www.nightskycreative.com/hwitchball03/wyrdgrl-menu.jp g
EG
Eric Gill
Dec 4, 2003
Martin Chiselwitt wrote in
news:jcwzb.1465$:

Martin Chiselwitt wrote:

do in response to another post shortly.

no, i won’t.. sorry… ermm.. i guess i just don’t understand these things…

Well, we all didn’t at one time.
W
WhatChaWant
Dec 4, 2003
in article Mquzb.1376$, Martin
Chiselwitt at wrote on 12/3/03 3:35 PM:

a dumb
question

It is a dumb question, go away.
W
WhatChaWant
Dec 4, 2003
in article jcwzb.1465$, Martin
Chiselwitt at wrote on 12/3/03 5:36 PM:

i just don’t understand …

Obviously.
TD
The Data Rat
Dec 4, 2003
Geeze,

You said you are 17? I apologize for the rudeness of this guy. Maybe he had a bad day. You made a simple mistake, the molecular structure of the world is still intact and we are still fighting in the Middle East. No harm done. See Gills calm and rational response/explanation. Also, as someone said, writing "sample" across it is a just a minor hindrance to anyone who wants to copy it.

You might want to visit http://www.worth1000.com/

You can enter contests, get critiqued, and learn a lot here.

Good luck!!!!!

The Data Rat

I agree it is too small to make any comments on

MC
Martin Chiselwitt
Dec 4, 2003
ok, it appears that my news server was only configured to recieve text!… Now that I have changed it, I can see all the ‘binaries’…

thanks… I do know a little bit about uploading to webspace!!

do in response to another post shortly..

Please don’t. Get some webspace – many places offer a little for free – and post a link. Like this:

http://www.nightskycreative.com/hwitchball03/wyrdgrl-menu.jp g
MC
Martin Chiselwitt
Dec 4, 2003
thanks.. nice and constructive that…

WhatChaWant wrote:

in article Mquzb.1376$, Martin
Chiselwitt at wrote on 12/3/03 3:35 PM:

a dumb
question

It is a dumb question, go away.
E
Eliska
Dec 4, 2003
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:18:15 -0500, "The Data Rat" wrote:

Geeze,

You said you are 17? I apologize for the rudeness of this guy. Maybe he had a bad day.

I’m 53 and posted something totally appropriate and he was rude to me. I think he hangs around looking for a reason to be rude.

You made a simple mistake, the molecular structure of the world is still intact and we are still fighting in the Middle East. No harm done. See Gills calm and rational response/explanation. Also, as someone said, writing "sample" across it is a just a minor hindrance to anyone who wants to copy it.

Good luck!!!!!

The Data Rat

V
Voivod
Dec 4, 2003
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:18:15 -0500, "The Data Rat" scribbled:

Geeze,

Who?

You said you are 17? I apologize for the rudeness of this guy. Maybe he

I never said how old I was. Why are you responding to me?

had a bad day. You made a simple mistake, the molecular structure of the world is still intact and we are still fighting in the Middle East. No harm done. See Gills calm and rational response/explanation. Also, as someone said, writing "sample" across it is a just a minor hindrance to anyone who wants to copy it.

Like anyone’s going to take the time to remove it from that postage stamp.

Been there done that.

Good luck!!!!!

The Data Rat

Fuckhead.

V
Voivod
Dec 4, 2003
On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 02:48:56 GMT, Eliska
scribbled:

I’m 53 and posted something totally appropriate and he was rude to me.

I’m sure, after years of therapy, you’ll get over it.
NS
Not so quick
Dec 4, 2003
"James Bell" wrote in message
Hey all,

I created this piece for my Art GCSE final piece last year when I was 16. Can I have feedback on it – any comments, questions, ideas, etc because I
am
currently doing my A-Level Art and need to know whether this style is any good.

Sorry about the size and the text accross it, but I don’t want anybody stealing it for anything, and I would be very grateful if people can
respect
that.

Thanks very much to any replies.

Regards
James ‘BabyBell’

I like it. I has an unusual quality that
makes me want to see further into the
artwork.
NS
Not so quick
Dec 4, 2003

I guess you gotta be a bad ass to post here.
AK
A.K.A.
Dec 4, 2003
in article iPwzb.36547$, The Data Rat at
wrote on 12/3/03 6:18 PM:

I apologize for the rudeness of this guy.

Oh, shut up.
AK
A.K.A.
Dec 4, 2003
in article 31xzb.1949$, Martin
Chiselwitt at wrote on 12/3/03 6:32 PM:

thanks.. nice and constructive that…

Too bad you did not take his advice.
AK
A.K.A.
Dec 4, 2003
in article , Eliska at
wrote on 12/3/03 6:48 PM:

I’m 53 and he was rude to me.

You poor baby.
AK
A.K.A.
Dec 4, 2003
in article PdEzb.5922$, Not so quick at
wrote on 12/4/03 2:44 AM:

That leaves you out.
NS
Not so quick
Dec 5, 2003
"A.K.A." wrote in message
in article PdEzb.5922$, Not so quick at
wrote on 12/4/03 2:44 AM:

That leaves you out.

Geez, you must be the toughest graphic
designer in pink street.
NS
Not so quick
Dec 5, 2003
"A.K.A." wrote in message
in article iPwzb.36547$, The Data Rat at
wrote on 12/3/03 6:18 PM:

I apologize for the rudeness of this guy.

Oh, shut up.

AKA, A Known Asshole.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections