HD
Posted By
hot_denim
Oct 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to know in Photoshop 8 / CS, Save for Web – JPEG; Does it save the JPEG with the same minimum and maximum quality range as Version 7, e.g. :

Save in Photoshop 7 a JPEG with EXACT same JPEG settings (Progressive/non progressive etc…) and 0 compression, and also with 100% compression.

Do the same with Photogop CS / 8.

Compare the filesize’s for the 0 compression between versions (are they the same), and also for the 100% compression.

Look at the photo also, is the quality at the compression exactly the same ?.

I.e has the JPEG Save for Web been modified ?.

?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Oct 5, 2003
H-D,

Until PS-CS ships, how can anyone tell you ?????
TS
Tim_Spragens
Oct 5, 2003
Surely a beta tester could tell how the beta worked, or someone in Adobe could say if that code’s been changed.
HD
hot_denim
Oct 5, 2003
I thought CS was released ?…

Anyway if its not against BETA agreements etc… or if an ADOBEy e.g Chris Cox can comment…………….
IL
Ian_Lyons
Oct 5, 2003
CS has been announced – released is still a while off.

Anyway if its not against BETA agreements etc… or if an ADOBEy e.g Chris Cox can comment…………….

The same conditions apply whether you’re an Adobe employee or a beta tester – certain info is not up for discussion.

As for your questions – things can change between announcement and shipping version. As a beta tester I’m certainly not going to provide an answer today that might be wrong tomorrow!
RB
Robert_Barnett
Oct 5, 2003
You also can’t go by the new feature sheets that Adobe and other companies release. They have a very nasty habit of not including a list of small tweaks and improvements which I wish they did. Sometimes it is the small things that can matter most.

Robert
HD
hot_denim
Oct 5, 2003
Any anyone give any info on this ‘filter layer’ thing..is it not a filter layers as it sounds and this multiple filter preview thing seen on the reviews ?.. I mean was it this ALL the time ?…..
HL
hanford_lemoore
Oct 6, 2003
You also can’t go by the new feature sheets that Adobe and other companies release. They have a very nasty habit of not including a list of small tweaks and improvements which I wish they did.

The info Adobe provided us when 7 was announced was pretty comprehensive, including most (if not all) the little tweaks. This actually has me a little worried regarding 8.0, but whatever we get will be great …

Any anyone give any info on this ‘filter layer’ thing..is it not a filter layers as it sounds and this multiple filter preview thing seen on the reviews ?.. I mean was it this ALL the time ?…..

If they DID have it then removed it, it would be due to being buggy or having problems, and I’d prefer they don’t hold up a release for that.

I saw a Mac magazine article that mentioned (and showed screenshots of) an "image nozzle" type of spattering tool that I’ve not read about on various websites. I wonder if it was removed.

~Hanford
L
LenHewitt
Oct 6, 2003
H-D,

I thought CS was released ?…<<

No, Announced but not yet released. Delivery anticipated by the end of November.

Beta testers are not automatically released from their NDA’s on announcement of a product. In fact they are specifically prohibited from discussing publicly many things that occurred during beta testing.

More to the point, there is no guarantee that the product that passes QA will be identical to the last beta release!, so answers to questions as specific as yours need to be confirmed on the SHIPPING product.

Chances are that Photoshop CS is still with the QA team……
DM
Don_McCahill
Oct 6, 2003
Re: Chances are that Photoshop CS is still with the QA team……

Really, I would think that if we are to see boxes in the mail in 60 days, they should be churning them out in the plant right now.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections