P
Posted By
PeterM
Dec 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a chance to buy Photoshop 7, a full original package with serial number. I wonder if I could register the program in my name. That is of course the only way I would buy it. The owner said he got it from another person. He did not know if the program was registered before. Is there any chance for me to register the program under these circumstances. The package looks like brand new, but if I can’t get it in my name, why buy it right? Any help is appreciated……Peter

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TC
Tony Cooper
Dec 2, 2003
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 21:00:23 -0800, "PeterM" wrote:

I have a chance to buy Photoshop 7, a full original package with serial number. I wonder if I could register the program in my name. That is of course the only way I would buy it. The owner said he got it from another person. He did not know if the program was registered before. Is there any chance for me to register the program under these circumstances. The package looks like brand new, but if I can’t get it in my name, why buy it right? Any help is appreciated……Peter

You can have the license transferred to your name even if it has been registered to someone else. In the End User License Agreement it says:

4.4 Transfer….. You may, however, transfer all your rights to Use the Software to another person or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer (i) this Agreement, and (ii) the Software and all other software or hardware bundled or pre-installed with the Software, including all copies, Updates and prior versions, to such person or entity; (b) you retain no copies, including backups and copies stored on a computer; and (c) the receiving party accepts the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any other terms and conditions upon which you legally purchased a license to the Software. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not transfer education, pre-release, or not for resale copies of the Software.

How you’re going to doing not knowing who the package was registered to is something I don’t know, though.
P
PeterM
Dec 2, 2003
Thanks for that wonderful legal statement , finally I have a copy of that. If I get this statement signed from the person that is selling me the software, wouldn’t that suffice. I also always read about a registration number and a serial number, or maybe a installation number. Any idea how to find myself through that information? Thanks for your help…….Peter

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
I have a chance to buy Photoshop 7, a full original package with serial number. I wonder if I could register the program in my name. That is of course the only way I would buy it. The owner said he got it from another person. He did not know if the program was registered before. Is there
any
chance for me to register the program under these circumstances. The
package
looks like brand new, but if I can’t get it in my name, why buy it right? Any help is appreciated……Peter

You can have the license transferred to your name even if it has been registered to someone else. In the End User License Agreement it says:

4.4 Transfer….. You may, however, transfer all your rights to Use the Software to another person or legal entity provided that: (a) you also transfer (i) this Agreement, and (ii) the Software and all other software or hardware bundled or pre-installed with the Software, including all copies, Updates and prior versions, to such person or entity; (b) you retain no copies, including backups and copies stored on a computer; and (c) the receiving party accepts the terms and conditions of this Agreement and any other terms and conditions upon which you legally purchased a license to the Software. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may not transfer education, pre-release, or not for resale copies of the Software.

How you’re going to doing not knowing who the package was registered to is something I don’t know, though.

H
Husky
Dec 2, 2003

I would think that if you’re actually serious about buying something that ‘is too good to be true’ that you should ask the guy for name and serial number the program is already registered under with Adobe, then ask them if it’s hot or not..
They can tell if they’ll support it much better than anyone in this group.

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
P
PeterM
Dec 2, 2003
Thanks Husky….I am serious about the deal. 200.- is the going price at a lot of places for the software, so it is not too good to be true. ebay had several for sale at under 200.- anyway, the guy seemed all up front with me. You’re right though, I will ask him for the serial number and contact Adobe. Where do I contact adobe? I went onto their website once and was so confused, I didn’t know what to do. I’m an old fart of course and easily get confused though. What is the number or email address to get in touch with them. I would appreciate your help a lot……Peter

"Husky" wrote in message
I have a chance to buy Photoshop 7, a full original package with serial number. I wonder if I could register the program in my name. That is of course the only way I would buy it. The owner said he got it from another person. He did not know if the program was registered before. Is there
any
chance for me to register the program under these circumstances. The
package
looks like brand new, but if I can’t get it in my name, why buy it right? Any help is appreciated……Peter

I would think that if you’re actually serious about buying something that
‘is
too good to be true’ that you should ask the guy for name and serial
number the
program is already registered under with Adobe, then ask them if it’s hot
or
not..
They can tell if they’ll support it much better than anyone in this group.
JJ
Jay Jhabrix
Dec 2, 2003
"PeterM" wrote in message
Thanks Husky….I am serious about the deal. 200.- is the going price at a lot of places for the software, so it is not too good to be true. ebay had several for sale at under 200.- anyway, the guy seemed all up front with
me.
You’re right though, I will ask him for the serial number and contact
Adobe.
Where do I contact adobe? I went onto their website once and was so confused, I didn’t know what to do. I’m an old fart of course and easily
get
confused though. What is the number or email address to get in touch with them. I would appreciate your help a lot……Peter

Peter… why don’t you post this in the www.adobeforums.com newsgroup. The area is adobe.photoshop.windows (or) mac – depending which platform you’re on. You need to register, but it’s free.

Cheers…

JJ
P
PeterM
Dec 2, 2003
Thanks Jay….I always wanted to do that, this may be a good time as any to join. Thanks for the reminder…..Peter

"Jay Jhabrix" wrote in message
Thanks Husky….I am serious about the deal. 200.- is the going price at
a
lot of places for the software, so it is not too good to be true. ebay
had
several for sale at under 200.- anyway, the guy seemed all up front with
me.
You’re right though, I will ask him for the serial number and contact
Adobe.
Where do I contact adobe? I went onto their website once and was so confused, I didn’t know what to do. I’m an old fart of course and easily
get
confused though. What is the number or email address to get in touch
with
them. I would appreciate your help a lot……Peter

Peter… why don’t you post this in the www.adobeforums.com newsgroup. The area is adobe.photoshop.windows (or) mac – depending which platform you’re on. You need to register, but it’s free.

Cheers…

JJ

H
Husky
Dec 2, 2003
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:23:20 -0800, "PeterM" wrote:

Thanks Jay….I always wanted to do that, this may be a good time as any to join. Thanks for the reminder…..Peter

2 with the same stone:

1st several if not all posts in this group are echoed in the adobe forums. Again this ng or the forums have diddly to do with adobe other than being able to find the most knowledgeable there.

$200.00 for a $700.00 program is still ‘Too good to be true’ If the guy can’t provide a legitimate prior registered name with serial number, then if registering it is a priority I’d look elsewhere as chances are he probably won’t ever sell it now at any price.

Once you have the registered name and serial in hand, again check with Adobe because there’s plenty of ‘registered names with registered serials’ floating around. Then it’s all up to adobe ie: how many times has that particular person/version been registered ? or attempted to register ?

You should make that crystal clear to adobe that you are trying to buy a copy with that information intact to ‘TRANSFER’ ownership. If it’s a combo on a hotlist I have no idea what adobe will say.

If 50-75 others also tried registering that particular program you may just have to explain it to the local police.

as for an address at adobe I’d say visit adobe.com and search for ‘mailto:’ or just see if they have a contact page..
P
PeterM
Dec 3, 2003
Hello Husky. I agree with you totally, it makes a lot of sense what you said. I emailed the guy and told him that I like to get the serial number and check with Adobe, otherwise no deal. I feel better already. …….Peter

"Husky" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:23:20 -0800, "PeterM" wrote:
Thanks Jay….I always wanted to do that, this may be a good time as any
to
join. Thanks for the reminder…..Peter

2 with the same stone:

1st several if not all posts in this group are echoed in the adobe forums. Again this ng or the forums have diddly to do with adobe other than being
able
to find the most knowledgeable there.

$200.00 for a $700.00 program is still ‘Too good to be true’ If the guy
can’t
provide a legitimate prior registered name with serial number, then if registering it is a priority I’d look elsewhere as chances are he probably won’t ever sell it now at any price.

Once you have the registered name and serial in hand, again check with
Adobe
because there’s plenty of ‘registered names with registered serials’
floating
around. Then it’s all up to adobe ie: how many times has that particular person/version been registered ? or attempted to register ?
You should make that crystal clear to adobe that you are trying to buy a
copy
with that information intact to ‘TRANSFER’ ownership. If it’s a combo on a hotlist I have no idea what adobe will say.

If 50-75 others also tried registering that particular program you may
just
have to explain it to the local police.

as for an address at adobe I’d say visit adobe.com and search for
‘mailto:’ or
just see if they have a contact page..
JJ
Jay Jhabrix
Dec 3, 2003
Thanks Jay….I always wanted to do that, this may be a good time as any
to
join. Thanks for the reminder…..Peter

Welcome 🙂
H
Husky
Dec 3, 2003
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 16:00:39 -0800, "PeterM" wrote:

Hello Husky. I agree with you totally, it makes a lot of sense what you said. I emailed the guy and told him that I like to get the serial number and check with Adobe, otherwise no deal. I feel better already. …….Peter

and FWIW: Assuming you have the machine capable of using CS. I found hundreds of places selling CS for what you’re figuring on paying for 7. Even found it for $19.99 and FREE.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections