M
Posted By
Max
Nov 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Looking for useful plugins for the PC. EyeCandy seems to be the only one I can find!

-M

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SB
Sally Beacham
Nov 30, 2003
"Max" wrote in message
Looking for useful plugins for the PC. EyeCandy seems to be the only one I can find!

-M

You just aren’t looking in the right places.

www.freephotoshop.com
www.thepluginsite.com

For starters.

Sally Beacham
www.dizteq.com/www.lvsonline.com
Paint Shop Pro, Filter Frenzy, Xara X
sallyATdizteq.com
N
NOONE
Dec 1, 2003
Check out my link at www.stevesdesktopphotography.com and look under the menu item for Plugins, Actions, Brushes for links to what I have for downloading, and many more places around the net.

Best Regards,
Steve
Steve’s Desktop Photography
(formerly PC Resources for Photoshop)
www.stevesdesktopphotography.com
Subscribe to my DigiPhots Mailing list
http://www.topica.com/lists/digiphots@topica.com
A forum for discussion of digital and film photography in general, photo techniques, equipment, etc. plus the use of image software, using images in software, and getting it all to work with our computers, both PC’s and Mac’s. Posting of images to share is welcomed and encouraged On the web since 1996
Free PC/Mac filters, wallpaper, tutorials and more
http://showcase.netins.net/web/wolf359/adobepc.htm
Subscribe to my DigiPhots Mailing list

ICQ 39503307
"Max" wrote in message

-M

H
Hecate
Dec 1, 2003
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:30:59 -0500, "Sally Beacham" wrote:

www.freephotoshop.com
www.thepluginsite.com

For starters.

I suspect they’re not looking for the free ones… 😉

Nice to see you here again 🙂

Now we can talk about plug ins again….

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui
SB
Sally Beacham
Dec 1, 2003
"Hecate" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:30:59 -0500, "Sally Beacham" wrote:

www.freephotoshop.com
www.thepluginsite.com

For starters.

I suspect they’re not looking for the free ones… 😉

Well, that may be the case, but they’ll find info on the commercial ones in those spots too. It IS that time of year, perhaps Santa will leave them a little something in their stockings.

Nice to see you here again 🙂

Thanks, young lady. I peruse quietly a fair bit, but I’ve got too much going on to do more than inject a quick shot of… something I know here and there.

Actually, I have had very little time to take a look at anything new myself, much less acquaint myself with it. I’ve discovered the wonderful world of scrapbooking, or as my family and friends call it – I’ve been assimilated by the Scrap Borg. There’s a marvelous site at
http://www.escrappers.com/gallery.html that shows some nice digital scrapbooking techniques. It’s definitely a hobby sorta thing, but we ARE allowed to relax, are we not? ;-)))). (Actually, I do more paper scrapbooking, but digital scrapbooking keeps the concept on-topic for this forum!)

But the scrapbookers like plugins…. heheehheheheheeh.

Sally Beacham
sallyATdizteq.com
S
Stephan
Dec 1, 2003
"Sally Beacham" wrote in message
.. There’s a marvelous site at
http://www.escrappers.com/gallery.html that shows some nice digital scrapbooking techniques. It’s definitely a hobby sorta thing, but we ARE allowed to relax, are we not? ;-)))). (Actually, I do more paper scrapbooking, but digital scrapbooking keeps the concept on-topic for this forum!)

Tres joli!

Stephan
SB
Sally Beacham
Dec 1, 2003
"Stephan" wrote in message
. There’s a marvelous site at
http://www.escrappers.com/gallery.html that shows some nice digital scrapbooking techniques. It’s definitely a hobby sorta thing, but we
ARE
allowed to relax, are we not? ;-)))). (Actually, I do more paper scrapbooking, but digital scrapbooking keeps the concept on-topic for
this
forum!)

Tres joli!

Stephan

Hey, I am impressed you like it. You are a tough audience. I think you’ve made my day! (And it’s not even my site, but it’s my favorite digital scrapbooking site.)

You can answer this, my photographer friend – do you gift your friends, family and various loved ones with digital images (or non-digital ones for that matter?) How do you present them, if so? I’m not talking about a commercial portfolio, but private family photos, "heritage" photos (that’s the buzzword for antique or vintage photos from your antecedents.) Would you just present a slide show, or create any sort of "album"?

Sally Beacham
sallyATdizteq.com
H
Hecate
Dec 2, 2003
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 05:03:16 -0500, "Sally Beacham" wrote:

Thanks, young lady. I peruse quietly a fair bit, but I’ve got too much going on to do more than inject a quick shot of… something I know here and there.
Young lady? That’s the nicest thing anyone’s said to me this week, particularly as I was officially another year older… 😉

Actually, I have had very little time to take a look at anything new myself, much less acquaint myself with it. I’ve discovered the wonderful world of scrapbooking, or as my family and friends call it – I’ve been assimilated by the Scrap Borg. There’s a marvelous site at

You had to go and give me that URL didn’t you? <sigh> Another bookmark and another reason not to be attending to work… 😉

But the scrapbookers like plugins…. heheehheheheheeh.

LOL!

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui
H
Hecate
Dec 2, 2003
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:18:39 -0500, "Sally Beacham" wrote:

. There’s a marvelous site at
http://www.escrappers.com/gallery.html that shows some nice digital scrapbooking techniques. It’s definitely a hobby sorta thing, but we
ARE
allowed to relax, are we not? ;-)))). (Actually, I do more paper scrapbooking, but digital scrapbooking keeps the concept on-topic for
this
forum!)

Tres joli!

Stephan

Hey, I am impressed you like it. You are a tough audience. I think you’ve made my day! (And it’s not even my site, but it’s my favorite digital scrapbooking site.)

You can answer this, my photographer friend – do you gift your friends, family and various loved ones with digital images (or non-digital ones for that matter?) How do you present them, if so? I’m not talking about a commercial portfolio, but private family photos, "heritage" photos (that’s the buzzword for antique or vintage photos from your antecedents.) Would you just present a slide show, or create any sort of "album"?

Don’t know what Stephan does, but I’m boring – you know, wood frames, nice photographic prints, that sort of thing. Only thing that’s changed for me is that I’d probably send the image digitally to the printer 🙂

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui
S
Stephan
Dec 2, 2003

Hey, I am impressed you like it. You are a tough audience. I think
you’ve
made my day! (And it’s not even my site, but it’s my favorite digital scrapbooking site.)

Sure I like it, a good layout is always nice.
Scrapbooks can get tacky but can also be really neat.

I don’t have friends, no time left, PS takes it all, and my family lives exactly on the other side of the planet.
Seriously, If I snapshoot friends, I’ll just give them cheapo prints.from the regular lab.
If they want them I give them the negs also so they can reprint as they want.
If there is a couple of images I really like I scan the frames, work on them a bit in PS and print them.
A friend just gave me a brand new Dimage 5.2MP camera so I guess my friends will get CDs from now on.
S
Stephan
Dec 2, 2003
"Hecate" wrote in message
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 16:18:39 -0500, "Sally Beacham" wrote:
Don’t know what Stephan does, but I’m boring – you know, wood frames, nice photographic prints, that sort of thing. Only thing that’s changed for me is that I’d probably send the image digitally to the printer 🙂

You’re a true friend!

Stephan
SB
Sally Beacham
Dec 2, 2003

Hey, I am impressed you like it. You are a tough audience. I think
you’ve
made my day! (And it’s not even my site, but it’s my favorite digital scrapbooking site.)

Sure I like it, a good layout is always nice.
Scrapbooks can get tacky but can also be really neat.

Mine are a little on the femme-y side. Well, you can’t do layouts of girl children without going heavy on pink and girly stuff.

Actually, only the girl ones are girly. All the rest are… not.

You can answer this, my photographer friend – do you gift your friends, family and various loved ones with digital images (or non-digital ones
for
that matter?) How do you present them, if so? I’m not talking about a commercial portfolio, but private family photos, "heritage" photos
(that’s
the buzzword for antique or vintage photos from your antecedents.)
Would
you just present a slide show, or create any sort of "album"?

I don’t have friends, no time left, PS takes it all, and my family lives exactly on the other side of the planet.

This I understand, since part of mine is exactly on the other side of the planet. However, this affords me the opportunity to fly from LA to Sydney (and I’ll wave when I fly over your house) and crossing the Equator and the International Date Line at the same time. This phenomenon I commemorate by having a drink to Forget the Fact I am Instantly A Day Older heading that-a-way, and another drink in the opposite direction to celebrate Going Back In Time.

I would like to point out, however, that if you used Paint Shop Pro once in a while, you’d have time for friends and drinking, like me.

*smirk* (How’s that for a marketing strategy? Works for me… )

Seriously, If I snapshoot friends, I’ll just give them cheapo prints.from the regular lab.
If they want them I give them the negs also so they can reprint as they want.
If there is a couple of images I really like I scan the frames, work on
them
a bit in PS and print them.
A friend just gave me a brand new Dimage 5.2MP camera so I guess my
friends
will get CDs from now on.

You have good friends.

If I am nicer to him than you, maybe he’d put me in that new Olympus?

Sally

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections