X
Posted By
xtx99
Nov 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m a beginner using Photoshop 7 and trying to get the "Print-To-Screen" function to work (File / Print / Properties / Page Setup / Fit-To-Page Printing). Initially I scanned a photograph into a TIF file at 600 dpi. After cropping, the TIF file is 16.1 MB, with Pixel Dimensions of 2744 width and 2056 height / 4.573 inches width and 3.427 inches height. I wanted to print it on 8 1/2 X 11 inch paper and print-to-screen (fill) the page proportionally. I’m printing on a Cannon i470D photoprinter. For some reason, the print-to-screen function in Photoshop doesn’t work. Do I have to go to Image / Image Size within Photoshop to manually change the Image Size to fill the 8 1/2 X 11 inch paper? My Cannon i470D did come with its own printing software to do this job perfectly and automatically. But unfortunately the Cannon software will only work with JPEGs, and I’d prefer to scan and print from the TIF format if I can. Once I know the Photoshop software will properly fill, I’ll be printing the TIF file on 4 X 6, and 5 X 7 photo paper. I’d prefer it if the software would print fully on the 4 X 6 and 5 X 7 photo paper and simply not include the excess image (as when a 35mm negative is printed during C41 processing onto a 4 X 6 or 5 X 7. If Photoshop can’t do what I want, then I’ll just scan my old prints into a JPEG format and use my Canon software to print them out. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
Flycaster
Nov 28, 2003
"Xtx99" wrote in message
I’m a beginner using Photoshop 7 and trying to get the "Print-To-Screen" function to work (File / Print / Properties / Page Setup / Fit-To-Page Printing). Initially I scanned a photograph into a TIF file at 600 dpi.
After
cropping, the TIF file is 16.1 MB, with Pixel Dimensions of 2744 width and
height / 4.573 inches width and 3.427 inches height. I wanted to print it
on 8
1/2 X 11 inch paper and print-to-screen (fill) the page proportionally.
I’m
printing on a Cannon i470D photoprinter. For some reason, the
print-to-screen
function in Photoshop doesn’t work. Do I have to go to Image / Image Size within Photoshop to manually change the Image Size to fill the 8 1/2 X 11
inch
paper?

Yes. Photoshop doesn’t know what you mean to do, only what you tell it to do.

My Cannon i470D did come with its own printing software to do this job perfectly and automatically. But unfortunately the Cannon software will
only
work with JPEGs, and I’d prefer to scan and print from the TIF format if I
can.
Once I know the Photoshop software will properly fill, I’ll be printing
the
TIF file on 4 X 6, and 5 X 7 photo paper. I’d prefer it if the software
would
print fully on the 4 X 6 and 5 X 7 photo paper and simply not include the excess image (as when a 35mm negative is printed during C41 processing
onto a 4
X 6 or 5 X 7.

You’ll have to tell Photoshop where and how to crop.

[snip]

If you really don’t care how a software package mangles or snips your image, then why did you buy Photoshop? Start with the manual, and in the on-line help.

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections