Posted By
c.morley
Oct 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all,
I’ve recorded several Actions in PhotoShop and would like to edit a few things in them. But I can’t find them!

Win2000

Help?

Thanks!
cm

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 1, 2003
I’m not sure what you’re asking – you cannot edit them as text. So, if you create a set, you save it somewhere on your drive, deliberately.

The actions pallet is a PSP file and the location is listed in this Knowledgebase article.

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/6712.htm>
W
wes
Oct 1, 2003
Your actions will have an extension of .atn. Just do a search for *.atn and they will be listed. Then you can see where they are.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 2, 2003
Hit F1. Click on Search. type Actions in the search box. Read to your heart’s content.
CM
c.morley
Oct 2, 2003
Well, I did some searching and found that they are (on my system) here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Photoshop Actions\

They are not text, however, so you can’t edit them like you can Illustrator’s.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 2, 2003
So it’s almost exactly like what I said in post #1. Good work.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 2, 2003
So it’s almost exactly like what I said in post #1. Good work.

Tony, of course we’ve established that no one EVER reads post #1. Maybe if you start double posting they’ll get it on post #2. 🙂
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 2, 2003
It’s unnerving Dave.

Just goes to show – the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 2, 2003
, but the second mouse gets the cheese

actually, i use peanut butter. same thing though! 🙂
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 2, 2003
The Cheese stands alone………;-)

I still don’t understand the problem. I edit Actions without a second thought. It’s there to be used.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 2, 2003
I edit Actions without a second thought. It’s there to be used.

He wants to edit them in a text editor. In PS you can’t.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 2, 2003
Perhaps a dumb question:

Why?
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 2, 2003
because they’re binay not text.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 2, 2003
Lawrence,

Sometimes it’s easier to edit or tweak a simple drive letter in a script, rather than have to record the whole thing again.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Oct 3, 2003
True. One does have to run it again. Wonder if CS changes that. Seems that they could make the action available as text.
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 3, 2003
Wonder if CS changes that.

Doubt it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections