Posted By
Luca Gambino
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I to all,

I’ve a little problems. Whene a Resize a selection on a layer, photoshop ask me to apply. Appling the modification the image is resized and recalculated. Appling a lot of modification to the image at the end the image quality in very bad (for example if I resize in a very small format and then I resize biggest I see the pixel in the selection). How can I work and modify a selection WITHOUT modify the "original" picture?

Thanks a lot …. Luca

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

V
V1nc3nt
Jul 25, 2004
"Luca Gambino" wrote in message
I to all,

I’ve a little problems. Whene a Resize a selection on a layer, photoshop
ask
me to apply. Appling the modification the image is resized and
recalculated.
Appling a lot of modification to the image at the end the image quality in very bad (for example if I resize in a very small format and then I resize biggest I see the pixel in the selection). How can I work and modify a selection WITHOUT modify the "original" picture?
Thanks a lot …. Luca

With Ctrl+J you make a copy of your selection to a new layer.(or copy paste will do also) Then You can edit the selection on its own layer all you want, without touching the original.
BTW It’s always wise to make a copy of something before you start editing in a destructive way (filters, resizing, etc). So I’d also make a copy of the layer with the copied selection and keep the original in the layers palette, in case you’re not satisfied with your editing and you want to go back to the original.

HTH
PW
Pjotr Wedersteers
Jul 25, 2004
Luca Gambino wrote:
I to all,

I’ve a little problems. Whene a Resize a selection on a layer, photoshop ask me to apply. Appling the modification the image is resized and recalculated. Appling a lot of modification to the image at the end the image quality in very bad (for example if I resize in a very small format and then I resize biggest I see the pixel in the selection). How can I work and modify a selection WITHOUT modify the "original" picture?

Thanks a lot …. Luca

I’m not sure I understand why you want to resize a selection to work on it. Isn’t the zoom tool really what you need ? That allows you to have a smaller/larger view without actually changing the image. Pixelation after downsizing and then again upsizing is not something surprising. Downsizing w/ resample means you throw out part of the original information. HTH
Pjotr
T
tacitr
Jul 25, 2004
I’ve a little problems. Whene a Resize a selection on a layer, photoshop ask
me to apply. Appling the modification the image is resized and recalculated. Appling a lot of modification to the image at the end the image quality in very bad (for example if I resize in a very small format and then I resize biggest I see the pixel in the selection).

I’m completely not understanding what you are doing or why you are doing it. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you just want to shrink the image down so you can see it all on your screen? If so, don’t resize it–just zoom out!

Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
J
jenelisepasceci
Jul 26, 2004
"Luca Gambino" wrote:

I to all,

Ciao LUca,
is it possible that you actually want to _zoom_ in or out and try to achieve this by resizing? This would be a very bad approach. Try the zoom slider in the info-palette instead.
Peter

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections