DB
Posted By
David_Bradley
Sep 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
At least one brief new article about PS CS said that it "could address more memory". Does anyone know what this means, specifically? I’m hoping it means that under Windows XP Pro PS CS can use 3GB of RAM provided that XP is booted using the /3GB switch. Even better would be that with an Opteron or other greater-than-ew-bit architecture PS could access even more than 3GB.

Apologies if this has been answered before. I couldn’t find a relevant thread here in the forum, and the page containing "detailed information about what’s new in PS CS is basically blanks".

Thanks in advance.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
JasonSmith
Sep 30, 2003
If I remember right it was 4GB. Dont quote me on that.
CC
Chris_Cox
Sep 30, 2003
I don’t know where you saw that — Photoshop still uses 2 Gig of RAM maximum.
DB
David_Bradley
Sep 30, 2003
I don’t know where you saw that — Photoshop still uses 2 Gig of RAM maximum.

It was in this PS CS announcement on Digital Outback Photo < http://www.outbackphoto.com/workshop/photoshop_corner/essay_ 22/essay.html>. At the bottom of the page is a one-line second entitled "memory limits".
J
JasonSmith
Sep 30, 2003
Chris – there’s a lot of BS going around about ‘new features’ – some that DO exist and some that obviously dont.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections