MS
Posted By
McRoberts, Shane
Sep 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just bought CS last week. Anyone know Adobe’s upgrade policy with regard to recent purchases?

Thanks,

Shane

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MS
McRoberts, Shane
Sep 30, 2003
Er, make that "I just bought PS last week". I just wish I had bought CS last week (or waited until this week).
OR
Oliver, Robert
Sep 30, 2003
How did you buy Photoshop CS last week?
TK
Tomaz_Klinc
Sep 30, 2003
Adobe says CS is expected to ship by the end of November 2003; meanwhile, preorders are accepted.
RL
Robert_Levine
Sep 30, 2003
If you had visited here first, you would have waited. You can call Adobe if you want to and ask, but the policy has always been that you get a free upgrade when you buy the current version AFTER the new one is announced.

Bob
SM
Shane_McRoberts
Sep 30, 2003
If you had visited here first, you would have waited.

True enough. Seems to me a 30-day grace period before the announcement would make for happier customers and decrease the likelihood that people would hold off buying until after major conferences. But I guess there’s always a cutoff and always unhappy folks who just miss it.
RL
Robert_Levine
Sep 30, 2003
Like I said, call them and see what they say.

Bob
DM
Don_McCahill
Sep 30, 2003
It took some digging, but I found this on the Adobe site. < http://www.adobe.com/products/colltech/pdfs/coll_eol_ctg_092 903.pdf> It seems to clearly spell out the upgrade route for collections.
SM
Shane_McRoberts
Oct 6, 2003
I did call, and as long as I bought from an Adobe-authorized dealer (I think I did), my purchase was close enough to qualify for the cost-of-shipping update! Yay Adobe.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections