P
Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have to images.. How to I put them together and make them a slide show.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MH
Mark Hiers
Sep 29, 2003
two images? slide show? two images aren’t much of a show. Read about animations in the Help or the user guide.
B
Bobocito
Sep 29, 2003
What is your final purpose? Is this for the web (slideshow script, animated gif or vector)? A presentation (Powerpoint)? For your own screen (a screensaver app would work, and you can add effects and transitions, and graphics like (free) IrfanView have slideshow capability)?
Are the images photos or are they illustrations?
You can make an animated .gif in IR, but gif is not real great for photos.
MD
milbut, dave
Sep 29, 2003
I have to images.. How to I put them together and make them a slide show.

print them out and flip back and forth real fast!

(sorry, couldn’t resist!)

what mark and shank said. 🙂
JG
j, g
Sep 30, 2003
its for an AIM icon.. animated gif
JG
j, g
Sep 30, 2003
also i need to make a slide show with jpg files.. i have like 10 pics and i dono wut to do.. thanks a bundle
GJ
g_j
Sep 30, 2003
anyone?
SW
Shank_Williams
Oct 1, 2003
First question, about the animated gif. Have you figured that out? In your case, two images, dragged into one, sized as needed, jump to IR, use the animation pallette to set the number of frames, timing, looping, etc., then save optimized as gif. Here is a link to the tutorial that I learned from… http://www.programmingart.com/free/tutorials/irbanner/irbann er.html If you need specific help with implementing that, let me know. As for the jpg slide show, what is its intended use? Web site? Your own (or others’ ) computer? Have you tried IrfanView or other slide show software? I have a really cool screen saver app that I don’t really use much, but it sure makes some great slide shows.
If you need it for the web, then you will need to get a script somewhere in the scripting language your server supports, and there are tons of free scripts. Generally, when trying to get help, it is best to describe the goal you are trying for, what you have done so far, and at which step you run into trouble, being as specific as you can. Lots of details, such as image format, version of Photoshop, and your experience level, are not *always* essential, but help the helper choose an appropriate answer for you
GJ
g_j
Oct 1, 2003
thanks. yeah my jpg slideshow is for webuse.. i would really appreciate it if you could still help me with the animated gif though.

thanks a lot!!!! 🙂
Z
zippy2000
Oct 1, 2003
If you want to do a slide show using jpegs, you may have to use HTML code to do it. I made a slideshow (about 7 images) using Golive6 has a nice slideshow action that would work nicely.

ZIP
SW
Shank_Williams
Oct 2, 2003
From my last post…
"Here is a link to the tutorial that I learned from… http://www.programmingart.com/free/tutorials/irbanner/irbann er.html If you need specific help with implementing that, let me know. ….
Generally, when trying to get help, it is best to describe the goal you are trying for,
*** what you have done so far, and at which step you run into trouble,*** being as specific as you can."
So have you tried the tut? If so, what part do you need help with?
GJ
g_j
Oct 4, 2003
ok well lets say i load an animated gif in IR.. now i go and edit the 5th frame and erase something.. but the 1-4 frames i cannot erase it says "Could Not Use the eraser tool because the content of the layer is not directly editable." so i dont know what do do.
PH
Photo_Help
Oct 4, 2003
You are not currently on the layer you want to edit and the layer you are on is not visible.
GJ
g_j
Oct 4, 2003
how do i switch to the layer i want to edit
DM
dave_milbut
Oct 4, 2003
click on it in the layers palette.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections