B
Posted By
Bryce
Nov 14, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
So there I was at home in the computer room. I’m at my primary computer, and my "secondary computer" (as defined by Adobe) is behind me across the room at the other desk. My wife comes in and sits down at my "secondary computer" and is reading an email on her identity in Outlook Express (only one user account on the XP machine there, but two identities in outlook express). Her friend sends her a picture through means of email and she opens it up. It’s a pretty silly looking picture. She giggles. She wants to make it look even sillier. She calls in our daughter to have fun with the picture. She tells me she is going to do that.

She tells me she is going to do that with PHOTOSHOP! (scary, low background music)

DAMN I FREAK!!! "NOOOOO…. you can’t do that", I say. (as she’s opening up PS CS on my "secondary machine") I say, "don’t let that app open until I’ve got this one shut down!!!!! – watch out!!!!!) She is terrified. My daughter begins to cry as my anger turns up a couple notches. If that opens up before this is shut down, AND I’m not the main user, you will be in BIG, BIG trouble, I say. She is totally freaking out at my red, puffed up face and bulging veins in my neck… I’m pulling her away from the computer with my left hand, kicking my daughter in the hip with my right foot, as my right hand fights it’s way into the top desk drawer pulling out the Product License Agreement for PS CS. "Look!!", I say. "the secondary computer is RESTRICTED to the main user who licensed the software!!!" "Don’t you get it????" "Are you trying to get me put in jail or something???"

As I’m kickin’ ’em both away from the computer, the dog jumps in on my side and begins kicking my wife’s and daughter’s asses. (Thank you Pico!) Later that night, as I’m tending to my fingernail wounds on my arms and face, bite marks from my daughter on my ankles and legs, and after the cops have gone back to the station, I tell mself that it was all worth it. I would truly do it all again. Nothing….. I mean NOTHING will come in the way of my legal obligations to Adobe. Not my marriage. Not my daugther… NOTHING!!!!

Yes. I am a true loyal Adobe customer. I am true to the cause. "I" am the licensee; not her. I vow to NEVER let a soul open that app while I’m using it on the primary station.

God Damnit Adobe…. I say unto you: "To death till us part."

Signed:

Loyal Adobe Customer Since 1997-8ish.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

F
franktlcc
Nov 15, 2003
funny as hell.
2003 is an interesting year !

frank
I
imaginuity
Nov 15, 2003
what a PISSER! :)00

"frank" wrote in message
funny as hell.
2003 is an interesting year !

frank
J
Joe
Nov 15, 2003
"Bryce" wrote:

So there I was at home in the computer room. I’m at my primary computer, and my "secondary computer" (as defined by Adobe) is behind me across the room at the other desk. My wife comes in and sits down at my "secondary computer" and is reading an email on her identity in Outlook Express (only one user account on the XP machine there, but two identities in outlook express). Her friend sends her a picture through means of email and she opens it up. It’s a pretty silly looking picture. She giggles. She wants to make it look even sillier. She calls in our daughter to have fun with the picture. She tells me she is going to do that.

She tells me she is going to do that with PHOTOSHOP! (scary, low background music)

DAMN I FREAK!!! "NOOOOO…. you can’t do that", I say. (as she’s opening up PS CS on my "secondary machine") I say, "don’t let that app open until I’ve got this one shut down!!!!! – watch out!!!!!) She is terrified. My daughter begins to cry as my anger turns up a couple notches. If that opens up before this is shut down, AND I’m not the main user, you will be in BIG, BIG trouble, I say. She is totally freaking out at my red, puffed up face and bulging veins in my neck… I’m pulling her away from the computer with my left hand, kicking my daughter in the hip with my right foot, as my right hand fights it’s way into the top desk drawer pulling out the Product License Agreement for PS CS. "Look!!", I say. "the secondary computer is RESTRICTED to the main user who licensed the software!!!" "Don’t you get it????" "Are you trying to get me put in jail or something???"
As I’m kickin’ ’em both away from the computer, the dog jumps in on my side and begins kicking my wife’s and daughter’s asses. (Thank you Pico!) Later that night, as I’m tending to my fingernail wounds on my arms and face, bite marks from my daughter on my ankles and legs, and after the cops have gone back to the station, I tell mself that it was all worth it. I would truly do it all again. Nothing….. I mean NOTHING will come in the way of my legal obligations to Adobe. Not my marriage. Not my daugther… NOTHING!!!!
Yes. I am a true loyal Adobe customer. I am true to the cause. "I" am the licensee; not her. I vow to NEVER let a soul open that app while I’m using it on the primary station.

Signed:

You have jjs shaking <g>
JW
JP White
Nov 15, 2003
Nice tale,

That does make me think of something tho….

When I buy something like a car I can register the car in more than one name. I.E. Wife and I. We share legal ownership (and liability).

I wonder if the CS photoshop software license agreement allows for ‘dual ownership’?

Of course the analogy falls apart when you realize that there is no way my wife and I can drive the same car at the same time, which is what you were trying to do in your short story with photoshop.

Another thought. If it is legal to license software to both spouse, how would a divorce court divvy that up?

Another thought. Can Photoshop CS pass an emissions test? If it fails, where do you take it for repair?

Let’s face it, life would be boring without software activation and software licensing wouldn’t it?

JP
MD
Mike Davis
Nov 16, 2003
I just purchased a new computer for about $2,000. I figure it will cost me about $3,000 more to re-purchase Microsoft Office Pro, Adobe Photoshop and a few other "registered" titles that self destruct if moved. So you have 2 solutions: either keep the old computer to run registered software, which defeats the purpose of buying it, or spend countless hours online begging for a new registration key from vendors who don’t believe that you aren’t passing the program along to someone else. THAT’s boring.
J
Joe
Nov 17, 2003
"mdavis" wrote:

I just purchased a new computer for about $2,000. I figure it will cost me about $3,000 more to re-purchase Microsoft Office Pro, Adobe Photoshop and a few other "registered" titles that self destruct if moved. So you have 2 solutions: either keep the old computer to run registered software, which defeats the purpose of buying it, or spend countless hours online begging for a new registration key from vendors who don’t believe that you aren’t passing the program along to someone else. THAT’s boring.

Computer is so cheap these days so I don’t care much about your new computer, but I just love your new 21" flat monitor with built-in TV-on-TV <g>. I am not MS Word user so don’t care about the MS Office either.

I read the next version of Photoshop comes with micro-chip that user can inject into their body, and they are beta testing now. Just ask beta tester to see how the chip works on them <g>
JJ
Jay Jhabrix
Nov 17, 2003
Bryce….

Absolutely effing brilliant…. Have taken the liberty of posting it on the adobeforums/photoshop group

Cheers…

JJ
R
Ruth
Nov 19, 2003
oh my.
just saw this story.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

you made my day.
thanks.

ruth-who-is-already-pissed-off-with-adobe

"Bryce" wrote in message
So there I was at home in the computer room. I’m at my primary computer,
and
my "secondary computer" (as defined by Adobe) is behind me across the room at the other desk. My wife comes in and sits down at my "secondary
computer"
and is reading an email on her identity in Outlook Express (only one user account on the XP machine there, but two identities in outlook express).
Her
friend sends her a picture through means of email and she opens it up.
It’s
a pretty silly looking picture. She giggles. She wants to make it look
even
sillier. She calls in our daughter to have fun with the picture. She tells me she is going to do that.

She tells me she is going to do that with PHOTOSHOP! (scary, low
background
music)

DAMN I FREAK!!! "NOOOOO…. you can’t do that", I say. (as she’s opening
up
PS CS on my "secondary machine") I say, "don’t let that app open until
I’ve
got this one shut down!!!!! – watch out!!!!!) She is terrified. My
daughter
begins to cry as my anger turns up a couple notches. If that opens up
before
this is shut down, AND I’m not the main user, you will be in BIG, BIG trouble, I say. She is totally freaking out at my red, puffed up face and bulging veins in my neck… I’m pulling her away from the computer with my left hand, kicking my daughter in the hip with my right foot, as my right hand fights it’s way into the top desk drawer pulling out the Product License Agreement for PS CS. "Look!!", I say. "the secondary computer is RESTRICTED to the main user who licensed the software!!!" "Don’t you get it????" "Are you trying to get me put in jail or something???"
As I’m kickin’ ’em both away from the computer, the dog jumps in on my
side
and begins kicking my wife’s and daughter’s asses. (Thank you Pico!) Later that night, as I’m tending to my fingernail wounds on my arms and face,
bite
marks from my daughter on my ankles and legs, and after the cops have gone back to the station, I tell mself that it was all worth it. I would truly
do
it all again. Nothing….. I mean NOTHING will come in the way of my legal obligations to Adobe. Not my marriage. Not my daugther… NOTHING!!!!

Signed:

MD
Mike Davis
Nov 21, 2003
No 21" monitor here and no TV. I’m a student with very limited resources. I can’t afford thousands of dollars for simply moving software from one computer to another when my old box gets too slow, old and worn out to function anymore. I’m forced by the sheer weight of numbers to keep Microsoft Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint on my computer for class work; and the university site license doesn’t apply to student personal computers.

A $2,000 computer is, no doubt, cheap to those of you who deal with six figure incomes and above. I’m not in the real world, yet. Sorry I complained.
J
Joe
Nov 21, 2003
"mdavis" wrote:

No 21" monitor here and no TV. I’m a student with very limited resources. I can’t afford thousands of dollars for simply moving software from one computer to another when my old box gets too slow, old and worn out to function anymore. I’m forced by the sheer weight of numbers to keep Microsoft Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint on my computer for class work; and the university site license doesn’t apply to student personal computers.
A $2,000 computer is, no doubt, cheap to those of you who deal with six figure incomes and above. I’m not in the real world, yet. Sorry I complained.

$2,000 computer without 21" flat monitor then it must be one heck of a speedy computer that I can’t afford it myself. I build my own computer so my computers usually cost me few hundreds.
MD
Mike Davis
Nov 21, 2003
We are way off topic here. Yes, it is very fast, and no, I can’t afford a monitor that costs more than the computer. The total system was just under $2,000 with a 19" CRT monitor. I don’t like flat screens for my work, and I can’t afford them. My point was that registered software cannot be ported to a new computer without a lot of hassle and/or expense. If registration becomes the "norm", replacing a computer will be next to impossible without re-purchasing all your software, or spending days on the phone explaining what you are doing to computer reps.
J
Joe
Nov 21, 2003
"mdavis" wrote:

We are way off topic here. Yes, it is very fast, and no, I can’t afford a monitor that costs more than the computer. The total system was just under $2,000 with a 19" CRT monitor. I don’t like flat screens for my work, and I can’t afford them. My point was that registered software cannot be ported to a new computer without a lot of hassle and/or expense. If registration becomes the "norm", replacing a computer will be next to impossible without re-purchasing all your software, or spending days on the phone explaining what you are doing to computer reps.

Just kidding ya of course! I don’t do much serious graphic work except few basic touches (Level, Curve, Crop etc..) on the photos taken by digital camera before send to photolab. I haven’t done any work on old photos or converting B&W photo to color for quite sometime, but still like the regular monitor for the look and feel of the color. Once awhile I turn some photos into artwork and that’s just about all I do, and since I have been doing very much the same thing over and over for some years so they usually take me few minutes each.

I agree with you about the registration. We already have more than enough problem with life to need extra problem. All of our lives, we try to learn new trick to make live easier to breath, so if Adobe wants to make Extra $$$ then they have to find a better way to make the Extra $$$ *not* to force us to upgrade whenever they want us to. Or at least don’t make me (us) feel they have a string connected between my behind to their marketing scam.

I have skipped 2 versions before because I didn’t feel they were good enough for me to spend some extra $$$, so I may skip upgrading in the future … and I feel with the activation the only way I can have full control of what I pay for is using the cracked version to get around the problem. And I have been building my own system for over 20 years, so I can upgrade just anytime I want (it can be next day/week/month whenever I feel like I need extra power or see a good deal on momboard and CPU).

so, I am with ya!
F
Frogiswrong
Nov 23, 2003
"mdavis" wrote in message
We are way off topic here. Yes, it is very fast, and no, I can’t afford a monitor that costs more than the computer. The total system was just
under
$2,000 with a 19" CRT monitor.

AU $500 for a kick ass PC and AU $150 for a 19” CRT.
not exactly pricey.

I don’t like flat screens for my work,

Why?

and I
can’t afford them. My point was that registered software cannot be ported to a new computer without a lot of hassle and/or expense.

You mean a phone call.

If registration
becomes the "norm", replacing a computer will be next to impossible
without

a phone call.

re-purchasing all your software,

is not necessary

or spending a

couple of minutes

on the phone explaining
what you are doing to computer reps.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections