M
Posted By
mzchar
Jul 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am in a graphics group where all use paintshop pro. I use photoshop5.5 and am wondering if there is a way to use the great masks that these paintshop people use in photoshop. Also how do you create them in photoshop? They look almost like a stencil.
Thanks
Charlene

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

D
dplank
Jul 11, 2004
Yeah, you can use any grayscale image as a mask.

Select all and copy the mask.

Open the photoshop image that you want to apply the mask to.

With the desired layer active, click on the guickmask icon at the bottom of the layers panel. A blank thumbnail will be added to the layer.

Press Option and click on the thumbnail.

Your image will turn completely white.

Use edit paste to apply the mask.

Click on the first thumbnail in the active layer to go back to usual color mode.

dp

MzChar wrote:

I am in a graphics group where all use paintshop pro. I use photoshop5.5 and am wondering if there is a way to use the great masks that these paintshop people use in photoshop. Also how do you create them in photoshop? They look almost like a stencil.
Thanks
Charlene
M
mzchar
Jul 11, 2004
Thanks Very Much!!!
Char
"D.Plank" …
Yeah, you can use any grayscale image as a mask.

Select all and copy the mask.

Open the photoshop image that you want to apply the mask to.
With the desired layer active, click on the guickmask icon at the bottom of the layers panel. A blank thumbnail will be added to the layer.

Press Option and click on the thumbnail.

Your image will turn completely white.

Use edit paste to apply the mask.

Click on the first thumbnail in the active layer to go back to usual color mode.

dp

MzChar wrote:

Thanks
Charlene

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections