RD
Posted By
Rachel Dorman
Sep 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Often when I open an image in Photoshop (and I think it’s just with JPGs, I can’t remember if it’s ever happened with TIF or other formats) I get an error message within the Windows Explorer window, the following being a typical example:

Cannot find the file’C:\unzipped\black for activity pads\black for activity pads.jpg’ (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.

The image still opens, and I don’t have any problems with it. I’m just confused why this message appears, I’m not exactly sure what it’s telling me. It’s an annoyance more than anything else.

Can anybody shed any light on what’s going on? Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave milbut
Sep 26, 2003
sounds like a plugin or device driver is missing some files, get the exact message for us and maybe we can help.
N
ninjasavant
Sep 28, 2003
Maybe try resetting prefs. Look in the FAQ.
RD
Rachel_Dorman
Sep 30, 2003
Dave, that *was* the exact message.

// Cannot find the file ‘C:\unzipped\black for activity pads\black for activity pads.jpg’ (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available. //

Obviously the name of the file varies, and is specific to each of the files I open, but otherwise the message is identical each time.

Ninjasavant, I will try your suggestion, thanks. I have had this problem since installing Photoshop (recently upgraded) so if this doesn’t solve it I may try re-installing.

As I said, it’s not exactly a problem because I can still open my files. It’s just extremelly annoying.

Any more advice would be appreciated. Thank you to those who have already responded.
DM
dave_milbut
Sep 30, 2003
something could be corrupt. i don’t believe jpg is a plugin (like say, bmp) so as ninja said, try resetting the prefs per the faq and/or reinstalling. it still sounds like there’s something missing. did you recently remove or install any hardware or software? if you go into the device manager (my computer> proporties> hardware> device manager) does anything have a yellow yield sign with an exclamation point in it?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections