Posted By
flwoqvauidl
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I’m investigating on ICM proofing, and I download some examples that use the Windows ICM proofing.

The problem is that when I compare this proofing with the Photoshop proofing I get different results.

For example windows ICM convert white to yellow values, and Photoshop convert it to light gray+blue values.

anyone knows why ? what is the good proofing? (I change the internal engine of Photoshop to Windows ICM (instead of ACE), with no differences)

Note: I’ve an image with an internal profile, and the monitor and printer profile.

Att Ramon Graus

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mike Russell
Jul 7, 2004
Ramon G wrote:
I’m investigating on ICM proofing, and I download some examples that use the Windows ICM proofing.

The problem is that when I compare this proofing with the Photoshop proofing I get different results.

For example windows ICM convert white to yellow values, and Photoshop convert it to light gray+blue values.

anyone knows why ? what is the good proofing? (I change the internal engine of Photoshop to Windows ICM (instead of ACE), with no differences)

Note: I’ve an image with an internal profile, and the monitor and printer profile.

Att Ramon Graus

There are a number of things that can change the way your previews look. Which program are you using to do your preview?

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
F
flwoqvauidl
Jul 12, 2004
Hi

I discover why the image appears yellow.

The image appears yellow because I calibrate my monitor to a temperaature of 6500 (D65) and the printer profile is calibrated to 5000 (D50), like all printer profiles !!!!. (ICM try to proof an image with 5000ºK printer profile in a monitor with 6500ºK, then it converts the image to yellow)

When I calibrate the monitor to 5000 (too yellow in my opinion) all appears successfully.

To know why Adobe appears correctly … is something dark. See next discussion to learn about it:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_es|lang_en &ie=UTF-8&threadm=40129971%241%40duster.adelaide.on. net&rnum=3&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dproofing%2Bprinter%2By ellow%26hl%3Den%26lr%3Dlang_es%257Clang_en%26ie%3DUTF-8%26se lm%3D40129971%25241%2540duster.adelaide.on.net%26rnum%3D3

Thanks to all

Ramon Graus

(Ramon G) wrote in message news:…
Hi

Att Ramon Graus

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections