in article xtRV9.119042$, Stephan at
wrote on 1/17/03 6:07 AM:

"Dave B" wrote in message
t…
I’m probably gonna trade in my pc for a mac. Does this
mean I’m gonna have
to buy new versions of Photoshop and Illustrator? If so,
it hardly seems
fair since I paid for a license to use the software, yes?
If not – never
mind… 🙂
Oh, a switcher…
You need to talk to Adobe

Stephan

A year or so ago I called Adobe with this question and was told that to obtain my PS program when switching platforms I would have to pay an upgrade fee. I don’t know if this is still true or true for all their programs. Larry

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

F
Flycaster
Nov 12, 2003
"Larry Preuss" wrote in message
in article xtRV9.119042$, Stephan at
wrote on 1/17/03 6:07 AM:

"Dave B" wrote in message
t…
I’m probably gonna trade in my pc for a mac. Does this
mean I’m gonna have
to buy new versions of Photoshop and Illustrator? If so,
it hardly seems
fair since I paid for a license to use the software, yes?
If not – never
mind… 🙂
Oh, a switcher…
You need to talk to Adobe

Stephan

A year or so ago I called Adobe with this question and was told that to obtain my PS program when switching platforms I would have to pay an
upgrade
fee. I don’t know if this is still true or true for all their programs.

I asked this same question this summer and was told the first time, it’s free. After that, it costs the upgrade price. But, it is certainly a possibility that the fella was uninformed.

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–
JM
Jerry McG
Nov 13, 2003
I’m probably gonna trade in my pc for a mac. <

I did this last year and regretted it. Be very certain this is what you want to do, it’s not cheap nor is it any better for photo editing than Wintel IMHO. In fact, in my case it was far worse. (See below)

Does this mean I’m gonna have to buy new versions of Photoshop and
Illustrator? <

Yes. However, when I inquired with Adobe they stated I could simply get a Mac version at the upgrade price, but I had to agree to destroy my Wintel version. As the Mac was a test I couldn’t take this risk so I was forced to buy PS7 for Mac as new. (Another mistake!)

it hardly seems fair since I paid for a license to use the software, yes?
<

I agree, apparently Adobe needs the cash.

Oddly, PSE2 works on either platform and is what I used initially for testing the Mac. I had nothing but trouble getting a screen matched print out of it and should have stopped there, however I surmised PSE2 was not robust enough to make the kind of matched prints I was used to with PS7, so I popped for the Mac version of PS. It didn’t help. I am used to getting virtually perfectly mached prints out of a Wintel system and Epson 1200, 2000P and 2200m printers. The Wintel system’s screen is profiled with Monaco Optix. Thus I tried using Monaco Optix to profile the screen on the Mac, but it did not help the mismatching and inconsistency problem at all. I then tried a Pantone Spyder, no change.

After months of frustration, many calls to Adobe, Apple, Monaco, etc. I concluded the print matching issue was insurmountable and sold the Mac system. FYI, I had an iMac G4 800. I was very disappointed not only with the print matching issue, but with the ludicrously unstable & constantly upgraded OSX. My system also came with OS9, which is what I ended up using most for PS and printing, however even that old dog of an OS had no advantage over Wintel.

So, be VERY sure this is what you want to do. Apple has run some impressive marketing over the past two years, which I fell for. My experience was a real bummer.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections