Posted By
false_dmitrii
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello…

PSE2 isn’t my preferred editor, but I use it on occasion for its strong points. Today I was fiddling with the filters and found that most of the "sketch" filters are producing solid light gray/cyan output (E5EAF0 🙂 regardless of settings. Does anyone here know what could be causing this? My only thought was that once or twice I’ve tried unsuccessfully to access the Adobe filters from other editing software; perhaps the misbehaving sketch filters were corrupted on such an occasion. Any thoughts?

Before I reinstall PSE2, I’d also like to check whether simply writing over the installation will affect any installed third-party plugins. I have Digital Element Aurora 2 and am unclear about whether reinstalling PSE2 would force me to contact DE for a new license number…do self-installing, registration-required 3rd-party plugins generally exist independently of the Photoshop installation?

Thanks in advance,
false_dmitrii

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
dplank
Jul 3, 2004
The sketch filters use the foreground and background colors. Change those and your filters results will change.

dp

false_dmitrii wrote:

Hello…

PSE2 isn’t my preferred editor, but I use it on occasion for its strong points. Today I was fiddling with the filters and found that most of the "sketch" filters are producing solid light gray/cyan output (E5EAF0 🙂 regardless of settings. Does anyone here know what could be causing this? My only thought was that once or twice I’ve tried unsuccessfully to access the Adobe filters from other editing software; perhaps the misbehaving sketch filters were corrupted on such an occasion. Any thoughts?

Before I reinstall PSE2, I’d also like to check whether simply writing over the installation will affect any installed third-party plugins. I have Digital Element Aurora 2 and am unclear about whether reinstalling PSE2 would force me to contact DE for a new license number…do self-installing, registration-required 3rd-party plugins generally exist independently of the Photoshop installation?
Thanks in advance,
false_dmitrii
FD
false_dmitrii
Jul 3, 2004
"D.Plank" …
The sketch filters use the foreground and background colors. Change those and your filters results will change.

dp

Yup. I figured it out about 5 minutes after posting. 🙂 But I’d still be stuck if I hadn’t posted anything–sampling the colors for my post replaced the imperceptibly different foreground color with the background, so that my next attempt triggered the "same f/b colors" warning and clued me in. Nice of them to put an in-program reminder *somewhere*. 🙂

false_dmitrii

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections