X
Posted By
xctruckee
Jul 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After years of using the function, all of a sudden my "SaveForWeb" command gives me the error message: "Could not complete this operation. The file was not found." This occurs after I click SAVE and choose a location for the new optimized file.

I have tried trashing the com.adobe.ImageReady.plist and com.adobe.Photoshop.plist files, the "saveforweb" pref file, and have also done a re-install of Photoshop, but the same problem occurs. Is this a problem with Panther, because I never had this problem with Jaguar?

I am using Photoshop CS (8.0) and am running Mac OS X 10.3.4 on a G4 Dual.

I use this function constantly, so really need to figure this out.

Thanks VERY much,

Mark

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

E
edjh
Jul 2, 2004
Mark wrote:

After years of using the function, all of a sudden my "SaveForWeb" command gives me the error message: "Could not complete this operation. The file was not found." This occurs after I click SAVE and choose a location for the new optimized file.

I have tried trashing the com.adobe.ImageReady.plist and com.adobe.Photoshop.plist files, the "saveforweb" pref file, and have also done a re-install of Photoshop, but the same problem occurs. Is this a problem with Panther, because I never had this problem with Jaguar?

I am using Photoshop CS (8.0) and am running Mac OS X 10.3.4 on a G4 Dual.

I use this function constantly, so really need to figure this out.
Thanks VERY much,

Mark

Just casting around..

Are there any oddball "illegal" characters in your file name, hard drive name etc.?

Maybe run whatever utilities you have (Cocktail, MacJanitor). Did you repair permissions before and after reinstalling Photoshop?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections