B
Posted By
bagal
Jun 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Good, now I have captured your attention I wonder if I may take a straw poll?

There is no denying that PS CS and the whole CS range is an excellent creative suite for sure.

My ponderings are about the variance between PS CS and PSE.

My thoughts are that PSE is just a little too lite for the new wave of incoming amateur digital photographers. Yet PS CS may be just a little too heavy with all that linkage to pro-equipment.

So, my thinking goes, what will Adobe do about it? If anything?

I suppose a new product with dev time, lead time, bug-watch and support is one way to go. Another way is: home-user, non-commercial licence.

The idea here is why bother with a new product? Alternatively is it feasible to do PS CS lite with pro-print part hived off.

I wonder if Adobe have a future development in mind?

Kind regards to all

das B

ps – the phrase apparently is marketing-guru speak to attempt to qualify market or new product demand awareness

dB

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JD
John Doe
Jun 27, 2004
Probably not since Photoshop Elements is designed for the novice and intermediate user. They wanted something that the vast majority of people in these two groups could use that didn’t cost a small fortune. Most of the stuff, though not all missing in Photoshop Elements is of little use to people in these groups. The one exception maybe actions.

Interestingly enough most all of Photoshop 7’s features are in Photoshop Elements 2, they just didn’t include a way for the end user to access them. If you have a plug-in for example that uses channels, then it will work because channels are there. The same for other things.

It will be interesting to see how Photoshop Elements 3 stacks up to Photoshop CS.

John
J
john
Jun 28, 2004
In article <rcJDc.1907$>, "bagal"
wrote:

There is no denying that PS CS and the whole CS range is an excellent creative suite for sure.

My thoughts are that PSE is just a little too lite for the new wave of incoming amateur digital photographers. Yet PS CS may be just a little too heavy with all that linkage to pro-equipment.

What, exactly, is "too lite" in PSE? Seriously. Can you elaborate?
B
bagal
Jun 28, 2004
Channels, Layers – I have a lot to learn and since removing PSE trial I have no datum to compare PSCS.

Why?

I would like to see, as mentioned earlier, a PS CS with the pro-print part hived off Basically a non-commercial version of PSCS running in parallel with the fully fledged product 🙂

Will it work?

Sure as eggsies is eggisies I envision a demand particularly as digital imagery grabs the popular purse strings

das B

"one_of_many" wrote in message
wrote:

My thoughts are that PSE is just a little too lite for the new wave of incoming amateur digital photographers. Yet PS CS may be just a little
too
heavy with all that linkage to pro-equipment.

D-
Daemon – eVolution
Jun 28, 2004

No, it is not.

PS 7.0 works on my machine about 5x faster and with no bugs whatsoever, unlike CS which just makes me puke.
B
bagal
Jun 28, 2004
Are you selling PSCS?

Do you reckon a trimmed down PSCS will hit market demand?

Thanks for your observation too

dB

"Daemon – eVolution" wrote in message

No, it is not.

PS 7.0 works on my machine about 5x faster and with no bugs whatsoever, unlike CS which just makes me puke.

B
bagal
Jun 28, 2004
erm masks too?

dB

wrote:

My thoughts are that PSE is just a little too lite for the new wave of incoming amateur digital photographers. Yet PS CS may be just a little
too

N
noone
Jun 28, 2004
In article <cbpe3i$t6h$ says
….

No, it is not.

Out of curosity, what problems do you have with CS? I’ve been using PS, since it first hit the PC, with PhotoStyler before it, and CS is the most exciting upgrade (for me, at least) since v3 (? when Layers were first introduced). Now, I will admit that I make a lot of my $ from work with PS, so I am partial to any upgrade that makes my life as an advertising photographer easier. I have yet to find a fault in the CS suite, though I have not used all of the segments yet. I still find myself going to PM6.5 for my limited page layout, though I have all PM’s afterward plus InDesign CS. Only problem I have had was a bit of a learning-curve when PS 6 came along. The interface changed enough, that I found myself going back to v5 for deadline jobs, just because my hands fell on the Tools that I needed, without having to think. Version 7 was so similar to v6, that I had gotten used to the changes, and CS just added a lot of features that made MY workflow speed up. Why do you feel ill with CS?

Hunt
B
bagal
Jun 28, 2004
let me see … ah! yes! curves but layers really are the bees knees for sure

das b

wrote:

too

B
bagal
Jun 28, 2004
Hey – Hunt – not me

CS really is quite drooly and for comm arts I am sure it really is a nice income generator

I am really looking for something grander than PSE and not as full blown as PSCS at 10 bucks more than PSE 🙂

das B

ps – isn’t he allowed a personal view?

"Hunt" wrote in message
In article <cbpe3i$t6h$
says

No, it is not.

Out of curosity, what problems do you have with CS? I’ve been using PS,
since
it first hit the PC, with PhotoStyler before it, and CS is the most
exciting
upgrade (for me, at least) since v3 (? when Layers were first introduced). Now, I will admit that I make a lot of my $ from work with PS, so I am
partial
to any upgrade that makes my life as an advertising photographer easier. I have yet to find a fault in the CS suite, though I have not used all of
the
segments yet. I still find myself going to PM6.5 for my limited page
layout,
though I have all PM’s afterward plus InDesign CS. Only problem I have had
was
a bit of a learning-curve when PS 6 came along. The interface changed
enough,
that I found myself going back to v5 for deadline jobs, just because my
hands
fell on the Tools that I needed, without having to think. Version 7 was so similar to v6, that I had gotten used to the changes, and CS just added a
lot
of features that made MY workflow speed up. Why do you feel ill with CS?
Hunt
N
noone
Jun 28, 2004
Personal views are ABSOLUTELY allowed. I was just curious what problems he/she had with CS.

As for PSE, I cannot help, as I have never even seen it, only an old LTE ver of PS, that came bundled with something years ago. Since I had the full-ver, I never even looked at it.

Hunt

In article <VWZDc.129$
says…
Hey – Hunt – not me

CS really is quite drooly and for comm arts I am sure it really is a nice income generator

I am really looking for something grander than PSE and not as full blown as PSCS at 10 bucks more than PSE 🙂

das B

"Hunt" wrote in message
In article <cbpe3i$t6h$
says

No, it is not.

since
exciting
upgrade (for me, at least) since v3 (? when Layers were first introduced). Now, I will admit that I make a lot of my $ from work with PS, so I am
partial
to any upgrade that makes my life as an advertising photographer easier. I have yet to find a fault in the CS suite, though I have not used all of
the
layout,
though I have all PM’s afterward plus InDesign CS. Only problem I have had
was
enough,
hands
fell on the Tools that I needed, without having to think. Version 7 was so similar to v6, that I had gotten used to the changes, and CS just added a
lot
of features that made MY workflow speed up. Why do you feel ill with CS?
Hunt

B
bagal
Jun 28, 2004
be nice to D-e – I may be able to outsource a full PSCS there!

dB

"Hunt" wrote in message
Personal views are ABSOLUTELY allowed. I was just curious what problems
he/she
had with CS.

As for PSE, I cannot help, as I have never even seen it, only an old LTE
ver
of PS, that came bundled with something years ago. Since I had the
full-ver, I
never even looked at it.

Hunt

In article <VWZDc.129$>,

says…
Hey – Hunt – not me

I am really looking for something grander than PSE and not as full blown
as
PSCS at 10 bucks more than PSE 🙂

das B

"Hunt" wrote in message
In article <cbpe3i$t6h$>,

says

There is no denying that PS CS and the whole CS range is an
excellent
creative suite for sure.

No, it is not.

PS 7.0 works on my machine about 5x faster and with no bugs
whatsoever,
unlike CS which just makes me puke.

since
exciting
upgrade (for me, at least) since v3 (? when Layers were first
introduced).
Now, I will admit that I make a lot of my $ from work with PS, so I am
partial
to any upgrade that makes my life as an advertising photographer
easier. I
have yet to find a fault in the CS suite, though I have not used all of
the
layout,
though I have all PM’s afterward plus InDesign CS. Only problem I have
had
was
enough,
hands
fell on the Tools that I needed, without having to think. Version 7 was
so
similar to v6, that I had gotten used to the changes, and CS just added
a
lot
of features that made MY workflow speed up. Why do you feel ill with
CS?
Hunt
JD
John Doe
Jun 29, 2004
Well, for me one problem is that when you create an action, say to make a thumbnail image and you use Save For Web in that action, Photoshop CS unlike previous versions of Photoshop doesn’t remember the directory that you saved in when you created the action. It defaults to the root directory of the drive and then you have to go and burrow back down.

The delay after Photoshop CS starts up and when you can actually use it. There is like a 10 second delay. Most of the stuff isn’t Earth shattering, but can be very annoying. I would just like to know when Adobe is going to fix these problems. If they expect us to wait for the next release of Photoshop to fix these problems then I am going to start looking for another program. Frankly it has already taken them too long to fix these problems and others.

John
B
bagal
Jun 29, 2004
Heck – I aint no expert for sure but image processing and using math algorithms to process images is a bit cpu intensive

It is easy for us to be impatient with something taking a while to work but 10 years ago it may have taken a week of faffing about to get what can be completed within minutes

my $0.02

I still think there is a huge gap in the market between PSE & PSCS

dB

"John Doe" wrote in message
Well, for me one problem is that when you create an action, say to make a thumbnail image and you use Save For Web in that action, Photoshop CS
unlike
previous versions of Photoshop doesn’t remember the directory that you
saved
in when you created the action. It defaults to the root directory of the drive and then you have to go and burrow back down.

The delay after Photoshop CS starts up and when you can actually use it. There is like a 10 second delay. Most of the stuff isn’t Earth shattering, but can be very annoying. I would just like to know when Adobe is going to fix these problems. If they expect us to wait for the next release of Photoshop to fix these problems then I am going to start looking for
another
program. Frankly it has already taken them too long to fix these problems and others.

John

B
bagal
Jul 16, 2004
I thought I’d dig this one up again

Apparently market analysts predict 40% growth in digital camera market

It is a new market so is in roll out mode

Now then, how about a full image editing package?

I’ve tried the Gimp and for free it is good, very good. But the peeps at Adobe really have got PSCS working suite for sure

go on Adobe, go on – you can do it!

Artie

"bagal" wrote in message

too

So, my thinking goes, what will Adobe do about it? If anything?
I suppose a new product with dev time, lead time, bug-watch and support is one way to go. Another way is: home-user, non-commercial licence.
The idea here is why bother with a new product? Alternatively is it feasible to do PS CS lite with pro-print part hived off.
I wonder if Adobe have a future development in mind?

Kind regards to all

das B

ps – the phrase apparently is marketing-guru speak to attempt to qualify market or new product demand awareness

dB

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections