DH
Posted By
Darrel Hoffman
Nov 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop’s handling of the mouse wheel support is starting to piss me off. I’m trying to select a text layer and use the wheel to
scroll through my (rather extensive) font list. But at the same time, Photoshop insists on zooming in, and then when the image gets
to big for the screen, scrolling up and down over my image. I looked through all the preferences for a way to get it to ignore the
mouse wheel, but it doesn’t seem to be there. I just want to scroll through the font list without the image zooming and scrolling
all over the place. (It’s especially a pain when the text you’re changing is at the top or bottom of the image and gets scrolled
off the edge while you’re doing it, so you can’t even see it to know what the font looks like…)

PS7, Win2000, btw.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

V
Voivod
Nov 7, 2003
On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 14:39:20 GMT, "Darrel Hoffman" scribbled:

Photoshop’s handling of the mouse wheel support is starting to piss me off. I’m trying to select a text layer and use the wheel to

No more than your inability to wrap lines pisses me off.
E
essgee
Nov 7, 2003
Darrel Hoffman wrote:
Photoshop’s handling of the mouse wheel support is starting to piss me off. I’m trying to select a text layer and use the wheel to scroll through my (rather extensive) font list. But at the same time, Photoshop insists on zooming in, and then when the image gets to big for the screen, scrolling up and down over my image. I looked through all the preferences for a way to get it to ignore the mouse wheel, but it doesn’t seem to be there. I just want to scroll through the font list without the image zooming and scrolling all over the place. (It’s especially a pain when the text you’re changing is at the top or bottom of the image and gets scrolled off the edge while you’re doing it, so you can’t even see it to know what the font looks like…)

PS7, Win2000, btw.
MS Intelipoint software has a feature to allow program-specific button settings so if you are on PC you could download this free and change your wheel settings.
HTH
Selwyn

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections