MD
Posted By
Mac Davis
Aug 24, 2013
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I own CS6 and just downloaded a trial of Elements…
As far as I can tell, it dosn’t do anything that photoshop doesn’t…. Am I missing somthing?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Craig Schiller
Aug 24, 2013
No. Photoshop Elements is kind of a Photoshop Lite.

On 8/23/13 8:12 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
As far as I can tell, it dosn’t do anything that photoshop doesn’t…. Am I missing somthing?
MD
Mac Davis
Aug 24, 2013
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:29:37 -0400, Craig Schiller
wrote:

Thanks, Craig… That’s what I was thinking…
CS
Craig Schiller
Aug 24, 2013
It IS handy, though. It’s a lot less complicated than the full Photoshop and can do many, if not most, tasks equally well.

On 8/24/13 1:09 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:29:37 -0400, Craig Schiller
wrote:

Thanks, Craig… That’s what I was thinking…

MD
Mac Davis
Aug 25, 2013
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 13:51:25 -0400, Craig Schiller
wrote:

It IS handy, though. It’s a lot less complicated than the full Photoshop and can do many, if not most, tasks equally well.
I did find 2 things that were pretty cool, the auto red eye and the "reflection" filter…
Neither one would make me spend the bucks at the end of the trial, though…
CS
Craig Schiller
Aug 25, 2013
Well, for some of us who don’t want to spend the bucks on the full version of PS (me), and probably couldn’t deal with all of its intricacies if we could (me), it’s a dandy alternative.

On 8/24/13 10:32 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 13:51:25 -0400, Craig Schiller
wrote:

I did find 2 things that were pretty cool, the auto red eye and the "reflection" filter…
Neither one would make me spend the bucks at the end of the trial, though…
MD
Mac Davis
Aug 26, 2013
On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 11:26:21 -0400, Craig Schiller
wrote:

Well, for some of us who don’t want to spend the bucks on the full version of PS (me), and probably couldn’t deal with all of its intricacies if we could (me), it’s a dandy alternative.
I can see that… or Lightbox, I think they call it…

I mainly build photo albums for facebook and I might keep elements if it ends up saving me time…
Some of the albums have over 100 pictures, taken in bar/band lighting and have to have a lot of balancing done, so if a program can save me 20 or 30 seconds a photo, that adds up fast….
CS
Craig Schiller
Aug 26, 2013
Makes sense. PSE does have a limited batch mode which *may* be of some use.

p.s. It’s called Lightroom. And it’s also a catalog program. Some folks (even PSE users) love it. I haven’t seen the need for it.

On 8/26/13 2:15 AM, Mac Davis wrote:
wrote:

I mainly build photo albums for facebook and I might keep elements if it ends up saving me time…
Some of the albums have over 100 pictures, taken in bar/band lighting and have to have a lot of balancing done, so if a program can save me 20 or 30 seconds a photo, that adds up fast….
MD
Mac Davis
Aug 27, 2013
On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:01:32 -0400, Craig Schiller
wrote:

That’s part of my problem with Elements, Craig… The "organizer"… I’m very happy with Picasa and don’t want elements to reinvent my wheel…

p.s. It’s called Lightroom. And it’s also a catalog program. Some folks (even PSE users) love it. I haven’t seen the need for it.
wrote:

CS
Craig Schiller
Aug 27, 2013
Why is it a problem? I never use it. Many PSE users don’t.

On 8/26/13 9:31 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
wrote:

That’s part of my problem with Elements, Craig… The "organizer"… I’m very happy with Picasa and don’t want elements to reinvent my wheel…

wrote:

MD
Mac Davis
Aug 27, 2013
On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 11:33:20 -0400, Craig Schiller
wrote:

Not a problem any more… I found out last night that I could make it open in the photo editor, bypassing the "choose one" screen… I think I have prevented it from scanning my dish for photos when I open the program….
wrote:

wrote:

CS
Craig Schiller
Aug 28, 2013
I don’t think you have to do anything to prevent it from scanning – I think you have to tell it explicitly *to* scan.

On 8/27/13 3:12 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
wrote:

Not a problem any more… I found out last night that I could make it open in the photo editor, bypassing the "choose one" screen… I think I have prevented it from scanning my dish for photos when I open the program….
wrote:

wrote:

MD
Mac Davis
Aug 29, 2013
On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 12:26:05 -0400, Craig Schiller
wrote:

I don’t think you have to do anything to prevent it from scanning – I think you have to tell it explicitly *to* scan.

Thanks!

On 8/27/13 3:12 PM, Mac Davis wrote:
wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections