O
Posted By
oneofmany
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Wish list item … or correction from the knowledgeable here.

I work with some very large images, and curves or levels adjustments can take a long time as PS searches the image for values. Would it be possible to allow the user to make a selection, then make an adjustment to that sample, then apply it to the _whole image_? Can it be done with PS/CS ‘as is" and I am missing someting?

Best,
jjs

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

O
oneofmany
Jun 24, 2004
In article ,
(one_of_many) wrote:

I work with some very large images, and curves or levels adjustments can take a long time as PS searches the image for values. Would it be possible to allow the user to make a selection, then make an adjustment to that sample, then apply it to the _whole image_? Can it be done with PS/CS ‘as is" and I am missing someting?

Respoding to my own own post – silly me – of course all a person has to do is apply the adjustment to a scction, then save the adjustment then load it the next time to the whole image.

Gee, talking to myself in front of usenet is humbling, but helpfull. 🙂
DF
Derek Fountain
Jun 24, 2004

Respoding to my own own post – silly me – of course all a person has to do is apply the adjustment to a scction, then save the adjustment then load it the next time to the whole image.

Wouldn’t it be easier to create a selection, apply the adjustment layer, then simply discard the layer mask?
N
nomail
Jun 24, 2004
one_of_many wrote:

In article ,
(one_of_many) wrote:

you don’t even have to save it. If you open Curves with the OPTION key (Macintosh) or the ALT key (PC) pressed, you get the previous settings. So this is what you do:

1. Make a selection
2. Open ‘Curves’ and apply a setting, press OK
3. "Undo"
4. Deselect
5. Open "Cuves" with the Option/ALT key pressed, hit ‘OK"

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
O
oneofmany
Jun 24, 2004
In article <1gfvyzv.1v2kw191wz3t2qN%>,
(Johan W. Elzenga) wrote:

one_of_many wrote:

you don’t even have to save it. If you open Curves with the OPTION key (Macintosh) or the ALT key (PC) pressed, you get the previous settings. So this is what you do:

1. Make a selection
3. "Undo"
4. Deselect

Thank you, John. I just got CS and will be hitting the book to refresh, and dive a bit deeper into the keys. Thanks for the nudge.
BN
Brooklyn NYC USA
Jun 24, 2004
"one_of_many" wrote in message
In article <1gfvyzv.1v2kw191wz3t2qN%>,
(Johan W. Elzenga) wrote:

one_of_many wrote:

Respoding to my own own post – silly me – of course all a person has
to do
is apply the adjustment to a scction, then save the adjustment then
load
it the next time to the whole image.

1. Make a selection
3. "Undo"
4. Deselect

Thank you, John. I just got CS and will be hitting the book to refresh, and dive a bit deeper into the keys. Thanks for the nudge.

I thought that you would be interested in this list that I put together since you say you just got CS. Enjoy

100+ PHOTOSHOP CS TIPS and TRICKS

1) STEP-AND-REPEAT: Photoshop

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections