Posted By
Bernie
Sep 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey, I’ve got a problem for you.
With my copy of photoshop 7.0, I have a couple of new things that I can’t figure out . I’ll number them out for you. Maybe you can fix them and maybe you can’t. That’s OK cause they don’t make it so I can’t work anyway, there just annoying.

1. When I open a new image it opens at a small image. like .7% That’s POINT 7.
2. If I put it to full screen mode the image will be fine. (It starts in standard screen mode)
3. The Browse button doesn’t seem to work at all.
4. The area at the bottom of the screen that has the Magnification box, page preview box and the status bar are all gone.

I don’t Know yet what else is wrong but this has all seemed to come up in the last few weeks. Thanks for you’re help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 23, 2003
When I open a new image it opens at a small image. like .7% That’s POINT

What are the image dimensions and the resolution? That’s what’s causing it to open at 0.7% – to fit it on screen. Try the same with a new image at 600 x 480 at 73 ppi – what magnification is it then?

If I put it to full screen mode the image will be fine. (It starts in standard screen mode)

What does "fine" mean in terms of magnification level? What do you mean "full screen" mode? Do you mean pressing the "F" key or when you maximize the image window?

The Browse button doesn’t seem to work at all.

What "button"? Do you mean File|Browse or do you mean that you have the file browser docked in the window well and it won’t when you click on the tab? What screen res are you running photoshop in?

The area at the bottom of the screen that has the Magnification box, page preview box and the status bar are all gone

Window|Status Bar (at the bottom of the Window Menu).

Peace
Tony
PH
Photo Help
Sep 23, 2003
Gregory,

You could always just reset your preferences.

Click here if you need instructions <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.ef4a07f>.
DP
Daryl Pritchard
Sep 23, 2003
Gregory,

For what it is worth, it seems you’ve written your posting as if you were sending a message to Adobe tech support for resolution of a software problem. While you may well find answers to your problems here in this user-to-user forum, and Adobe reps do often visit here with help as well, I just want to point out that this is not a tech support forum if that is what you thought. There is no harm done in posting here of course.

Regards,

Daryl
DM
dave milbut
Sep 23, 2003
Please HELP!

Oh. I thought you were drowning. Nevermind.
K
knielsen
Sep 23, 2003
Here’s a rope.
K
knielsen
Sep 23, 2003
"there just annoying"

They’re

just annoying.

there = a location, as in ‘over there.’

That should help.
K
knielsen
Sep 23, 2003
"Thanks for you’re help."

Thanks for your help.

you’re = you are, like: ‘you’re going to like the help we can give you today.’

Always glad to help.
K
knielsen
Sep 23, 2003
Keep taking those English classes.

Best Wishes,

Ken
W
whozit
Sep 24, 2003
Be sure to stay awake and pay attention while you’re there, too!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections