R
Posted By
rfdjr1
Nov 1, 2011
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry, I couldn’t think of another sunject.

Okay, I found what is to me a very nice wallpaper for my computer. I’m into space and astronomy so I really like this picture. Here is a link to it:

http://www.folkusa.org/pleiades.jpg

My question, or challenge if anyone wants to take it up, is there any way of making stars (not all of them, that would take forever, and not necessarily the big ones in the center) twinkle in this picture, and then still be able to use it as wallpaper? My first thought was to do an animated GIF file, and randomly black out, then restore stars in the pic. Tedious, to be sure, but would that work? And since it would then be a GIF file, would it still work as wallpaper in Windows 7? Or is there possibly another way of making stars twinkle? Thanks for reading and for any suggestions.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
RH
Nov 2, 2011
I agree with Carrie,

Another Simple soulution could be:.

1. Why don’t you create a new layer.
2. On the top layer create some twinkling stars or whatever you want to add to the photo.

I would either use Flash or Fireworks, with probably a brush effect using stars.

You could randomly fade IN and OUT as many layers as you want to make it look realistic.

You could even try different coloured layers, which would look amazing, with the Fade IN / OUT effect.

Try it, and post what your results are, even if it looks rubbish

Thats the way to learn 🙂

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 23:56:39 -0400, wrote:

Okay, I found what is to me a very nice wallpaper for my computer. I’m into space and astronomy so I really like this picture. Here is a link to it:

My question, or challenge if anyone wants to take it up, is there any way of making stars (not all of them, that would take forever, and not necessarily the big ones in the center) twinkle in this picture, and then still be able to use it as wallpaper? My first thought was to do an animated GIF file, and randomly black out, then restore stars in the pic. Tedious, to be sure, but would that work? And since it would then be a GIF file, would it still work as wallpaper in Windows 7? Or is there possibly another way of making stars twinkle? Thanks for reading and for any suggestions.

Life is Good !!!
N
number1
Nov 14, 2011
I didn’t think WinDer(s) would use GIF(s) as Annimated Background Wallpaper(s) ???
…. guess I’d better google: "animated GIF files as background wallpaper in Windows 7", eh ???

10/4 M.D.

wrote in message

Okay, I found what is to me a very nice wallpaper for my computer. I’m
into
space and astronomy so I really like this picture. Here is a link to it:

My question, or challenge if anyone wants to take it up, is there any way
of
making stars (not all of them, that would take forever, and not
necessarily the
big ones in the center) twinkle in this picture, and then still be able to
use
it as wallpaper? My first thought was to do an animated GIF file, and
randomly
black out, then restore stars in the pic. Tedious, to be sure, but would
that
work? And since it would then be a GIF file, would it still work as
wallpaper in
Windows 7? Or is there possibly another way of making stars twinkle?
Thanks for
reading and for any suggestions.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections