C
Posted By
Carrie
Sep 3, 2011
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First one is one of my older ones, wasn’t too sharp and clear to start. (I can’t seem to find a good cow one, with a lighter colored cow which I think would help)
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa455/starchild_dreams3/ purplecow2.jpg

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa455/starchild_dreams3/ purple_birds.jpg

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa455/starchild_dreams3/ 2010-05-09038.jpg

I remembered doing a tutorial once about changing a person’s hair color, and it used quick mask mode then inverse it, and use adjustment layer solid color fill (unless you wanted their hair gradient or patterned (LOL)

I also played around with layer modes (I’m just now noticing they are there) and sharpening the picture more, after.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
Kele
Sep 3, 2011
Getting better… Sometimes I do simular to change eye color.
C
Carrie
Sep 3, 2011
"Kele" wrote in message

I did that one other time (the eye color) I think what I discovered tonight is sharpening and trying different layer modes.
Also, finding the right picture probably helps too.
C
Carrie
Sep 3, 2011
"Carrie" wrote in message
"Kele" wrote in message

I did that one other time (the eye color) I think what I discovered tonight is sharpening and trying different layer modes.

Of course, one might wonder… how often are we going to need to change the color of a cow? LOL But, nice to know if we need or want to.

T
Talker
Sep 5, 2011
On Fri, 2 Sep 2011 22:08:35 -0400, "Carrie"
wrote:

"Kele" wrote in message

Of course, one might wonder… how often are we going to need to change the color of a cow? LOL But, nice to know if we need or want to.

You might not need to change the color of a cow, but if you need to change the color of something else, it can be done rather quickly. Here is an example…..the top picture, the red car is the original. http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa324/johnnydough1/car/? action=view&current=car.jpg

Talker
C
Carrie
Sep 5, 2011
wrote in message
wrote:

"Kele" wrote in message

You might not need to change the color of a cow, but if you need to change the color of something else, it can be done rather quickly. Here is an example…..the top picture, the red car is the original. http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa324/johnnydough1/car/? action=view&current=car.jpg
Talker\

That came out nice. Did you use color replace? I notice how all the details (not red changed to blue) stayed there, and the color still looks shiney and clear.
T
Talker
Sep 5, 2011
On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 08:59:23 -0400, "Carrie"
wrote:

wrote in message
wrote:

"Kele" wrote in message

Talker\

That came out nice. Did you use color replace? I notice how all the details (not red changed to blue) stayed there, and the color still looks shiney and clear.

That was done using a Photoshop plugin called Curvemeister. Curvemeister is like Photoshop’s Curves function on steroids. The plugin is a bit compicated to use, but once you get the hang of it, it is an amazing tool to have.

Talker
C
Carrie
Sep 5, 2011
wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 08:59:23 -0400, "Carrie"
wrote:

wrote in message
wrote:

"Kele" wrote in message

Of course, one might wonder… how often are we going to need to change
the color of a cow? LOL But, nice to know if we need or want to.

Talker\

That came out nice. Did you use color replace? I notice how all the details
(not red changed to blue) stayed there, and the color still looks shiney and clear.

That was done using a Photoshop plugin called Curvemeister. Curvemeister is like Photoshop’s Curves function on steroids. The plugin is a bit compicated to use, but once you get the hang of it, it is an amazing tool to have.

Talker

I looked it up it says ps cs5 and newer? Just noticed there seems to be a cs 6 out.
T
Talker
Sep 6, 2011
On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 19:10:17 -0400, "Carrie"
wrote:

wrote in message

Talker

I looked it up it says ps cs5 and newer? Just noticed there seems to be a cs 6 out.

The newest version of Curvemeister is version 3 and I have used it with Photoshop 7, and I am now using it with CS3.
If you should decide to get it, I’d highly recommend the online classes they offer at their website. Until I took the classes, I had no idea how to use it. The classes are designed for all levels of users from beginners to advanced, and the teacher, Greg, does a great job explaining things.

Talker
C
Carrie
Sep 7, 2011
wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 19:10:17 -0400, "Carrie"
wrote:

wrote in message

Talker

I looked it up it says ps cs5 and newer? Just noticed there seems to be a
cs 6 out.

The newest version of Curvemeister is version 3 and I have used it with Photoshop 7, and I am now using it with CS3.
If you should decide to get it, I’d highly recommend the online classes they offer at their website. Until I took the classes, I had no idea how to use it. The classes are designed for all levels of users from beginners to advanced, and the teacher, Greg, does a great job explaining things.

Talker

I probably won’t be buying anything for awhile, or taking classes (if they aren’t free) right now the focus is on getting ready for another winter. So, anything that takes up much attention, and especially money, has to go on hold. I do have plenty of things to do (and learn) still, with photoshop with what I have.
Thanks for the info.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections