F
Posted By
Frederick
Aug 21, 2011
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am looking for a program that will save me some work by producing a simple printable photograph album. All I want the album to show is an album with page headers matching my XP folder name, and pages with re-sized pics, say four to a page, identified with their XP file names. Seems simple enuff.

Anyone know of such an app?

Thanks

Big Fred

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jaSPAMc
Aug 22, 2011
Frederick found these unused words:

I am looking for a program that will save me some work by producing a simple printable photograph album. All I want the album to show is an album with page headers matching my XP folder name, and pages with re-sized pics, say four to a page, identified with their XP file names. Seems simple enuff.

Thanks

Big Fred

Yeah It’s ……..

[wait for it]

…….

PHOTOSHOP.

See ‘automate’ and look at Contact Sheet or Photo Gallery

You might have to stripe and past the folder name into the automate ‘menu’, but hey – it’s not that much to ask.
V
Voivod
Aug 22, 2011
On Sun, 21 Aug 2011 11:19:03 -0400, Frederick
scribbled:

Try http://www.imagewalker.com/

Free/nagware

Put’s Photoshop’s contact sheet/gallery to shame.
F
Frederick
Aug 22, 2011
On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:27:02 -0400, Voivod wrote:

Free/nagware

If I have five sub-folders under a main folder, and each of the five sub-folders contains four original jpeg images, can Imagewalker create five images (each representing a page) containing four thumbnail type images of the original jpegs? Complete with folder/sub-folder names and filenames?

I can’t make Imagewalker do it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Big Fred
V
Voivod
Aug 22, 2011
On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 15:22:36 -0400, Frederick
scribbled:

Free/nagware

If I have five sub-folders under a main folder, and each of the five sub-folders contains four original jpeg images, can Imagewalker create five images (each representing a page) containing four thumbnail type images of the original jpegs? Complete with folder/sub-folder names and filenames?

I don’t know. Did you read the docs?

I’m not the tech support guy. You asked for a SIMPLE Photo Album program.

Here’s an idea. Write to the program’s AUTHOR. I be he knows how it works.
F
Frederick
Aug 22, 2011
On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 18:06:41 -0400, Voivod wrote:

Wow Sorry

Cya

BF
C
Carrie
Aug 23, 2011
"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
Frederick found these unused words:

Thanks

Big Fred

Yeah It’s ……..

[wait for it]

……

PHOTOSHOP.

See ‘automate’ and look at Contact Sheet or Photo Gallery
You might have to stripe and past the folder name into the automate ‘menu’,
but hey – it’s not that much to ask.
I was going to say that too, but wasn’t sure that’s what he wanted. And not sue he has Photoshop.
There’s also Photobucket that can be set up in albums and various ways. I’m not really sure what he wants, I was thinking of the Atomate- contact sheet option that will set pictures up on a page with the file name/number on it, unless the text layers are deleted. It can be set up 4 to a page, or any combination depending on how many you want and what size. I’m still new to the idea I might actually know an ANSWER to something
i.e. Photoshop. I’ve been the one asking the questions for so many years.
C
Carrie
Aug 23, 2011
"Frederick" wrote in message

Wow Sorry

Cya

BF

I wasn’t sure what he wanted. I think something he can download and put photos in that will set it up like he wants? Kodak EasyShare or Picasso or something? (and I’m not sure they will do that, but they are programs) Is Imagewalker somehing in Photoshop? I’ll have to Google it. Actually, I bet he could put what he wants in Google (like simple program to set up images) and get answers and suggestions. Or "how to set up simple album in Imagewalker". I do that a lot (about other things) and find many people either asking the same thing (with answers) or links to find answers. Of course, with Photoshop questions I ask here LOL
Someone told me he used Piscasso to make effects on pictures, and it was simple and free. I downloaded it to see what it was, and first off it wanted to get every imagine on my computer and put them in it’s files. (I can’t even guess how many images I have, and I continually put them on DVDs, and take them off, at least ones I don’t think I’ll want handy). I didn’t want to do that, and the whole thing seemed so complicaed, I ended up taking it out. I can do the same things, probably faster and easier (like a mask, lighting or blurring parts of a picture) in PS. (the point there are programs one can download and maybe that one would set up pictures like the person wanted)
V
Voivod
Aug 23, 2011
On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:13:16 -0400, "Carrie"
scribbled:

Wow Sorry

Cya

BF

I wasn’t sure what he wanted. I think something he can download and put photos in that will set it up like he wants? Kodak EasyShare or Picasso or something? (and I’m not sure they will do that, but they are programs) Is Imagewalker somehing in Photoshop? I’ll have to Google it.

Or you could, you know, READ THE FUCKING THREAD because the URL was posted in it. Gods, how do you remember to breathe?!

Actually, I bet he could put what he wants in Google (like simple program to set up images) and get answers and suggestions. Or "how to set up simple album in Imagewalker". I do that a lot (about other things) and find many people either asking the same thing (with answers) or links to find answers. Of course, with Photoshop questions I ask here LOL
Someone told me he used Piscasso to make effects on pictures, and it was simple and free. I downloaded it to see what it was, and first off it wanted to get every imagine on my computer and put them in it’s files. (I can’t even guess how many images I have, and I continually put them on DVDs, and take them off, at least ones I don’t think I’ll want handy). I didn’t want to do that, and the whole thing seemed so complicaed, I ended up taking it out. I can do the same things, probably faster and easier (like a mask, lighting or blurring parts of a picture) in PS. (the point there are programs one can download and maybe that one would set up pictures like the person wanted)

You prattle on like a demented imbecile. STFU already.
K
Kele
Aug 23, 2011
There’s many ways depending upon the OP’s idea of saving a lot of work. I think I made a quick one of what he wants using MS Word… right click properties for each folder’s jpg to get the path. Paste both pic and path on a Word.doc. Now he’s talking thumbnail. Paste pics onto another Word.doc and resize the pics to thumbnail size. It’s possible to even create a link on the thumbnail to the full sized pic on another Word doc. You can do the same thing with PowerPoint. You’re bordering on building a web now. MS FrontPage is like both Word and PowerPoint and creates thumb nails from images with one click. If links are made, the paths (file locations and file names) need to remain constant for webs to work. See this link for an example of web style photo album:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/php-photoalbum.htm here’s others: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/indexb.html Once initially made, web albums are easy to update with new images. And webs don’t need to be published to the Internet, they can run from files on computers (Intranet).

irfanview ( http://www.irfanview.com/ ), and it’s free, has a slide-show maker that might be what the OP is looking for. A show can be made from photos stored in multiple locations. The option to "show" the full path for each photo during show is available. It’s also possible to save the entire show as a stand-alone.exe
R
RH
Aug 23, 2011
Mr Voivod,

Why did you even post response then?

Nothing helpful in that last posting.

I guess you Love to see your text in the forum.

scribbled:

Free/nagware

Life is Good !!!
F
Frederick
Aug 23, 2011
No I do not have Pshop.

Suppose I have stored on hard drive:

MAIN_FOLDER
SUB_FOLDER_1
A.JPG
B.JPG
C.JPG
D.JPG
E.JPG
F.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_2
G.JPG
H.JPG
I.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_3
J.JPG
K.JPG
L.JPG
M.JPG
N.JPG

I would like to produce a simple .pdf or .doc file looking something like:

PAGE ONE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_1
BODY FOUR IMAGES SHOWING A.JPG, B.JPG, C.JPG, D.JPG RE-SIZED AND FIT CORRECTLY & EACH
SUB-TITLED WITH IMAGE’S FILE NAME
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 1

PAGE TWO:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_1
BODY TWO IMAGES SHOWING E.JPG, F.JPG RE-SIZED AND FIT CORRECTLY & EACH
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 2

PAGE THREE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_2
BODY THREE IMAGES SHOWING G.JPG, H.JPG, I.JPG RE-SIZED AND FIT CORRECTLY & EACH
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 3

PAGE FOUR:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_3
BODY FOUR IMAGES SHOWING J.JPG, K.JPG, L.JPG, M.JPG RE-SIZED AND FIT CORRECTLY & EACH
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 4

PAGE FIVE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_3
BODY ONE IMAGE SHOWING N.JPG
RE-SIZED AND FIT CORRECTLY & SUB-TITLED
WITH IMAGE’S FILE NAME
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 5

bye

Big Fred
F
Frederick
Aug 23, 2011
No I do not have Photoshop.

MAIN_FOLDER
SUB_FOLDER_1
A.JPG
B.JPG
C.JPG
D.JPG
E.JPG
F.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_2
G.JPG
H.JPG
I.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_3
J.JPG
K.JPG
L.JPG
M.JPG
N.JPG

PAGE ONE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_1
BODY FOUR IMAGES SHOWING A.JPG, B.JPG, C.JPG, D.JPG RE-SIZED AND FIT CORRECTLY & EACH
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 1

PAGE TWO:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_1
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 2

PAGE THREE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_2
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 3

PAGE FOUR:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_3
BODY FOUR IMAGES SHOWING J.JPG, K.JPG, L.JPG, M.JPG RE-SIZED AND FIT CORRECTLY & EACH
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 4

PAGE FIVE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_3
WITH IMAGE’S FILE NAME
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 5

Big Fred
N
N
Aug 23, 2011
On 23/08/2011, Frederick wrote:
No I do not have Photoshop.

MAIN_FOLDER
SUB_FOLDER_1
A.JPG
B.JPG
C.JPG
D.JPG
E.JPG
F.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_2
G.JPG
H.JPG
I.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_3
J.JPG
K.JPG
L.JPG
M.JPG
N.JPG

PAGE ONE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_1
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 1

PAGE TWO:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_1
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 2

PAGE THREE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_2
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 3

PAGE FOUR:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_3
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 4

PAGE FIVE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_3
WITH IMAGE’S FILE NAME
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 5

Big Fred

How often will you want to do this?

N
F
Frederick
Aug 23, 2011
On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:14:43 +1000, N wrote:

Not sure – not often. I really have many pictures which I want to append to a textual .doc. I can manually insert, resize, and position the pics one at a time into .doc pages, but that is a lot of work. Thanks
Big Fred
V
Voivod
Aug 23, 2011
On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:34:11 +0100, Ritchie Valens
scribbled:

Mr Voivod,

Why did you even post response then?

Because it’s useful software, numbnuts.

Nothing helpful in that last posting.

You’re a top posting fuckwit who’s offered NO solutions at least I had one to offer.

I guess you Love to see your text in the forum.

What’s your excuse?

scribbled:

Free/nagware

Life is Good !!!
V
Voivod
Aug 23, 2011
On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:00:18 -1000, "Kele" scribbled:

There’s many ways depending upon the OP’s idea of saving a lot of work. I think I made a quick one of what he wants using MS Word… right click properties for each folder’s jpg to get the path. Paste both pic and path on a Word.doc. Now he’s talking thumbnail. Paste pics onto another Word.doc

You’re recommending Microsoft Word for image work? Are you retarded?
C
Carrie
Aug 23, 2011
"Kele" wrote in message
There’s many ways depending upon the OP’s idea of saving a lot of work. I think I made a quick one of what he wants using MS Word… right click properties for each folder’s jpg to get the path. Paste both pic and path on a Word.doc. Now he’s talking thumbnail. Paste pics onto another Word.doc and resize the pics to thumbnail size. It’s possible to even create a link on the thumbnail to the full sized pic on another Word doc. You can do the same thing with PowerPoint. You’re bordering on building a web now. MS FrontPage is like both Word and PowerPoint and creates thumb nails from images with one click. If links are made, the paths (file locations and file names) need to remain constant for webs to work. See this link for an example of web style photo album:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/php-photoalbum.htm here’s others: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/indexb.html Once initially made, web albums are easy to update with new images. And webs don’t need to be published to the Internet, they can run from files on computers (Intranet).

irfanview ( http://www.irfanview.com/ ), and it’s free, has a slide-show maker that might be what the OP is looking for. A show can be made from photos stored in multiple locations. The option to "show" the full path for each photo during show is available. It’s also possible to save the entire show as a stand-alone.exe

Sounds like a lot of work LOL I was trying to think of the program- Irfanview that is it. Have seen it recommended.
Using Word for this means having and understanding Word. I have put pictures in it, like with text, setting something up and they sometimes jump around, hard to get them in the place you want them (and to stay there) I wonder if Publisher would also work. You can set up booklets with that, with as many pages as you want. Not sure about thumbnails, though. I got the idea he wanted to find a program and download it and have it do all the work, for what he wanted.
And I’m still confused about what that is.

C
Carrie
Aug 23, 2011
No I do not have Pshop.

MAIN_FOLDER
SUB_FOLDER_1
A.JPG
B.JPG
C.JPG
D.JPG
E.JPG
F.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_2
G.JPG
H.JPG
I.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_3
J.JPG
K.JPG
L.JPG
M.JPG
N.JPG

PAGE ONE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_1
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 1

PAGE TWO:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_1
BODY TWO IMAGES SHOWING E.JPG, F.JPG
RE-SIZED AND FIT CORRECTLY & EACH
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 2

PAGE THREE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_2
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 3

PAGE FOUR:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_3
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 4

PAGE FIVE:

HEADER SUB_FOLDER_3
WITH IMAGE’S FILE NAME
FOOTER 08/23/2011 PAGE 5

bye

Big Fred
I’m lost. But, it doesn’t take much to confuse me LOL
It almost sounds like something you’d do with html, etc on a simple website.
If you ever get it set up so you want it as pdf, there’s PRIMO which converts to pdf (using print, you choose primo insted of your printer). it’s a free program to download. Aside from that I have no idea. I know, I have asked on groups about something and *I* know what I mean, but others can’t seem to understand it.
C
Carrie
Aug 23, 2011
On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:14:43 +1000, N wrote:

Not sure – not often. I really have many pictures which I want to append to a textual .doc. I can manually insert, resize, and position the pics one at a time into .doc pages, but that is a lot of work. Thanks
Big Fred

So, you are using Word?
There used to be usenet groups for the Microsoft programs (Word, Publisher, etc) but they were being phased out and other groups used instead. I’m wondering if Publisher might be good. You can put text on pages and pictures, of various size, and set up pages. But, if you don’t know the program, you’d have to learn something about it first. You can also download primo pdf converter and save the Publisher pages as pdf.
V
Voivod
Aug 23, 2011
On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:44:57 -0400, "Carrie"
scribbled:

I’m lost. But, it doesn’t take much to confuse me LOL

It appears it could be done with tin foil and a knock-knock joke…
MF
mike fee
Aug 23, 2011
In article ,
says…
No I do not have Pshop.

MAIN_FOLDER
SUB_FOLDER_1
A.JPG
B.JPG
C.JPG
D.JPG
E.JPG
F.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_2
G.JPG
H.JPG
I.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_3
J.JPG
K.JPG

You can do almost precisely this with irfanview, which is a free download.
Go to the thumbnails display page and navigate to your folder, then "File/Create contact sheet from selected files…" This opens up a detailed box that lets you choose how many images to put on each page, rows, columns, the dimensions of the contact sheet in pixels, background colour, file details (you can choxe, name, directory, image dimensions, date of imnage etc, etc to your hearts content. Also lets you add similar info and text to header and footer for each page. Each contact sheet is created as a jpeg, or bmp or whatever you want.

The only manual labour required from your part would be to navigate to each folder and select the images you want on each contact sheet. If that is still too much hard work then it may be possible to do it all with a little scripting language and the command-line facility of irfanview (althouigh I haven’t investigated that).

Irfanview is extremely useful for a whole bunmch of things. I use Photoshop for major image editing and manipulation, but Iview for simple resizing, rotate, contact sheets, crop, slideshow and for viewing almost _any_ type of still image file.

Mike
K
Kele
Aug 24, 2011
irfanview navigate > File > Thumbnails

I did what "mike fee" laid out below. That’s an EZ way to get a bunch of pics on a page with full file location path ($D) displayed below each image – very clean. The web method can be made to look like irfanview’s Contact Sheet but also each thumbnail can be a link to its respective full size image (file). Hmm, I wonder… Using the contact sheet made via irfanview, opened it into FrontPage and drew Hotspots (links) over each thumbnail pointing to the full sized image location. Saved the single web page.htm and it opens in a web browser and works like a champ so long as the full size images location(s) can be accessed. Here’s a long sentence: If all images were contained in one folder (or a tier of folders) and brought into FrontPage, and the single contact sheet web page.htm was also saved to that folder containing the images, that folder and functionality of the web page.htm (contact sheet with functioning HotSpot links) is self contained and can be shared off the originating computer/network. It took longer to write this than it did to make it in FrontPage and try it out. I could subsequently FTP the folder to some Internet web space and share the web page.htm URL with others to see it as I do.

Another thing I like about irfanview is that it can strip EXIF data (date, what camera I used) from photos without loosing quality via irfanview’s JPG LOSSLESS CROP.

"mike fee" wrote:
Go to the thumbnails display page and navigate to your folder, then "File/Create contact sheet from selected files…" This opens up a detailed box that lets you choose how many images to put on each page, rows, columns, the dimensions of the contact sheet in pixels, background colour, file details (you can choxe, name, directory, image dimensions, date of imnage etc, etc to your hearts content. Also lets you add similar info and text to header and footer for each page. Each contact sheet is created as a jpeg, or bmp or whatever you want.
The only manual labour required from your part would be to navigate to each folder and select the images you want on each contact sheet. If that is still too much hard work then it may be possible to do it all with a little scripting language and the command-line facility of irfanview (althouigh I haven’t investigated that).

Irfanview is extremely useful for a whole bunmch of things. I use Photoshop for major image editing and manipulation, but Iview for simple resizing, rotate, contact sheets, crop, slideshow and for viewing almost _any_ type of still image file.

Mike
C
Carrie
Aug 24, 2011
"mike fee" wrote in message
In article ,
says…
No I do not have Pshop.

MAIN_FOLDER
SUB_FOLDER_1
A.JPG
B.JPG
C.JPG
D.JPG
E.JPG
F.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_2
G.JPG
H.JPG
I.JPG
SUB_FOLDER_3
J.JPG
K.JPG

Mike

This is good to know.
T
Talker
Aug 25, 2011
On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 05:53:27 -0400, Frederick
wrote:

Big Fred, I don’t know if you want a free program or if you wouldn’t mind paying for one, but if you don’t mind paying for one, then maybe try ComPuPic. http://www.photodex.com/compupic

I used an older version of it and it did exactly what you are trying to do. With my old version, I would just click on "Contact Sheet" and in the window that popped up, you would select how many columns and rows you wanted, you typed in a header and footer, then clicked "Create" and it would create a contact sheet with the file names listed under each picture, header name and footer name.

I liked it and used it a lot, but when I got this new 64 bit computer, that older version didn’t work. (I was using it with Windows XP). I haven’t had any need for it so far so I haven’t tried out the newer version of it. The newer version sells for $49.95.

Talker
TC
tony cooper
Aug 25, 2011
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:52:07 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

Big Fred, I don’t know if you want a free program or if you wouldn’t mind paying for one, but if you don’t mind paying for one, then maybe try ComPuPic. http://www.photodex.com/compupic

I used an older version of it and it did exactly what you are trying to do. With my old version, I would just click on "Contact Sheet" and in the window that popped up, you would select how many columns and rows you wanted, you typed in a header and footer, then clicked "Create" and it would create a contact sheet with the file names listed under each picture, header name and footer name.

I use CS4, but I keep Photoshop 7 on my computer just for this purpose. There might be a way to print contact sheets in CS4, but it’s so simple in 7 that I never bothered to learn how in CS4.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
F
Frederick
Aug 25, 2011
Thank you for all your suggestions. Except one, anyway. I have looked at the apps suggested (except PS CS4 which I don’t have), and they all seem to do the job of producing contact sheets, with varying degrees of simplicity.

None, however, will do more than one folder of jpegs at a time (?). Long ago, I created a disk-storage design consisting of several ‘category’ folders, each of which contain varying numbers of ‘subject’ sub-folders, each of which contain varying numbers ‘identification sub-sub-folders containing actual jpeg and bmap pics. That made locating a particular pic, or set of pics, quite simple, for me anyway, but now that I want to provide an overview to others, that appears to have been a mistake.

I thought to provide printed pages of thumbnail-type images of my pics to people who have no access to a computer, and in a .pdf file (readily read by free Adobe) for those that do. I thought that free Picasa did a nice job of displaying multiple folders of pics, but it, like others, seem only to print single folders of pics. At least that was what I found.

I can copy-paste and resize individual pics into MSWord pages (which I then intend to convert to .pdf files) with titles and footers, but that is turning out to be tricky and tedious.

Well, that’s my story.

Thanks for your interests and helps.

Big Fred
C
Carrie
Aug 25, 2011
"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 23:52:07 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

I use CS4, but I keep Photoshop 7 on my computer just for this purpose. There might be a way to print contact sheets in CS4, but it’s so simple in 7 that I never bothered to learn how in CS4.

I have CS3 and print contact sheets. I just set them up (take out the text layers if I don’t want the names on under them) and print.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
F
Frederick
Aug 26, 2011
On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:00:10 -0400, "Carrie"
wrote:

Thanks

I downloaded, installed, and tried a demo version 6.2 of compupic pro. I must be blind, but I could not find a ‘contact sheet’ to click on. Sorry to be a pest, but what is the path to it?

Big Fred
T
Talker
Aug 26, 2011
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 05:24:56 -0400, Frederick
wrote:

wrote:

Thanks

I downloaded, installed, and tried a demo version 6.2 of compupic pro. I must be blind, but I could not find a ‘contact sheet’ to click on. Sorry to be a pest, but what is the path to it?

Big Fred

Launch ComPuPic, then go to the folder that has the pictures in it that you want to make a contact sheet for. Once you have the folder open that contains the pictures, go to the top where you see the icons "Exit"….."Print"…."E-Mail"….etc., and click on "Picture Index".
They call it a picture index instead of a contact sheet.

Talker
T
Talker
Aug 26, 2011
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:32:10 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 05:24:56 -0400, Frederick
wrote:

wrote:

Thanks

Big Fred

Launch ComPuPic, then go to the folder that has the pictures in it that you want to make a contact sheet for. Once you have the folder open that contains the pictures, go to the top where you see the icons "Exit"….."Print"…."E-Mail"….etc., and click on "Picture Index".
They call it a picture index instead of a contact sheet.
Talker

Sorry, the icon at the top that you need to click on says "Pict. Index". I forgot that they abbreviated picture to pict.

Once you click on Pict. Index, you will get a opo up window that allows you to set the number of columns and rows, the spacing between the pictures, the naming of the header and footer for each thumbnail as well as for the page (if you leave the setting alone for the thumbnail footer, [the \F setting], the index will insert the file name for each picture. automatically).

In that pop up window, under the "Output Format", if you check the box that says "Files", then click on the "File" button, you can select a number of things, including, what color background you want, or you can select an image to use as the background.

Talker

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections