A
Posted By
alan
Jul 27, 2011
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop 6, and I find that if I have the screen resolution very high, the names of the menu items (‘file’, ‘edit’, ‘image’, ‘filter’, etc) get so small that I can hardly make them out.

Same goes for the toolbox, palettes, etc.

Is there any way to adjust the size of these items independently of screen resolution in PS6?

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Savageduck
Jul 27, 2011
On 2011-07-27 13:47:32 -0700, alan said:

I have Photoshop 6, and I find that if I have the screen resolution very high, the names of the menu items (‘file’, ‘edit’, ‘image’, ‘filter’, etc) get so small that I can hardly make them out.

There are two questions here;
1: What screen resolution are you using?

2: Why?

Same goes for the toolbox, palettes, etc.

Is there any way to adjust the size of these items independently of screen resolution in PS6?

Thanks.

Not really. Consider that a 20-24 inch display, set at 1920 x 1080 is going to do a pretty good job, and going to a higher resolution is going to result in the problems you are experiencing. You are not going to gain any real World benefit by setting the "screen resolution very high".

Regards,

Savageduck

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections