C
Posted By
Carrie
Jun 27, 2011
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is a good way to blend the edges when putting two pictures together? Like dragging one onto another and fading the top one a bit so the bottom one shows through. Composite. It would be obvious it’s 2 pictures put together but not have a direct line (or circle) showing the edge of the top one down through it. I’ve seen many ways of doing this but all kind of vague like clone stamp (on low setting) or erasor (on low) Like play around with the tools till you find something that looks okay…I havn’t tried it lately and now feel I know more tools, and maybe the healing brush would work? Just kind of blend in the edge of the top photo into the bottom one once the pictures are put together and the opacity adjusted so the bottom one shows through.
Probably something like extract or taking out part of the background in the one going on top might work, but I’m thinking something more simple, once the pictures are put together and adjusted so they both show. Awhile back someone asked me if I could tell her how to do this, she has Paint Shop Pro, but I figured it out with that, and for awhile we were making them and sending them back and forth. Neither of us ever figured out how to blend the edges of the two pictures together in a good way.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PB
Paul Burdett
Jun 27, 2011
Blend modes?

"Carrie" wrote in message
What is a good way to blend the edges when putting two pictures together? Like dragging one onto another and fading the top one a bit so the bottom one shows through. Composite. It would be obvious it’s 2 pictures put together but not have a direct line (or circle) showing the edge of the top one down through it. I’ve seen many ways of doing this but all kind of vague like clone stamp (on low setting) or erasor (on low) Like play around with the tools till you find something that looks okay…I havn’t tried it lately and now feel I know more tools, and maybe the healing brush would work?
Just kind of blend in the edge of the top photo into the bottom one once the pictures are put together and the opacity adjusted so the bottom one shows through.
Probably something like extract or taking out part of the background in the one going on top might work, but I’m thinking something more simple, once the pictures are put together and adjusted so they both show. Awhile back someone asked me if I could tell her how to do this, she has Paint Shop Pro, but I figured it out with that, and for awhile we were making them and sending them back and forth. Neither of us ever figured out how to blend the edges of the two pictures together in a good way.
J
jaSPAMc
Jun 27, 2011
"Carrie" found these unused words:

What is a good way to blend the edges when putting two pictures together?
That’s pretty vague. Dis-similar images, one image as in panorama?

Like dragging one onto another and fading the top one a bit so the bottom one shows through. Composite. It would be obvious it’s 2 pictures put together but not have a direct line (or circle) showing the edge of the top one down through it.

Large value for the ‘feather’ would do it either way. Other tricks for pans come into play, including matching tones and levels.
C
Carrie
Jun 28, 2011
"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
"Carrie" found these unused words:

What is a good way to blend the edges when putting two pictures together?
That’s pretty vague. Dis-similar images, one image as in panorama?
Like dragging one onto another and fading the top one a bit so the bottom one shows through. Composite. It would be obvious it’s 2 pictures put together but not have a direct line (or circle) showing the edge of the top
one down through it.

Large value for the ‘feather’ would do it either way. Other tricks for pans
come into play, including matching tones and levels.
okay, have some ideas to try now. Figured people here would know the easier and best way.
Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections