CS
Posted By
Craig Schiller
Mar 26, 2011
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a multicolor logo that I need to convert to one color for printing on a promotional item. Is there an easy way to do this in Photoshop?

TIA.

Craig

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

V
Voivod
Mar 26, 2011
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:04:38 -0400, Craig Schiller
scribbled:

I have a multicolor logo that I need to convert to one color for printing on a promotional item. Is there an easy way to do this in Photoshop?

Yes.
CS
Craig Schiller
Mar 26, 2011
You’re a real fuckin treasure.

On 03/26/2011 2:48 PM, Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

Yes.
V
Voivod
Mar 26, 2011
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:10:42 -0400, Craig Schiller
scribbled:

You’re a real fuckin treasure.

I am, aren’t I?

And you’re a real top posting fuckwit.
JJ
John J Stafford
Mar 26, 2011
In article <7Vpjp.5505$>,
Craig Schiller wrote:

Of course. Image – adjust – then either take Black & White or Desaturate.
RL
Rainer Latka
Mar 26, 2011
On 26.Mar.11 21:32 h, John J Stafford wrote:
In article<7Vpjp.5505$>,
Craig Schiller wrote:

Of course. Image – adjust – then either take Black& White or Desaturate.

or use the channel mixer. It will offer you more control over the mapping of tones
N
nomail
Mar 26, 2011
Rainer Latka wrote:
On 26.Mar.11 21:32 h, John J Stafford wrote:
In article<7Vpjp.5505$>,
Craig Schiller wrote:

Of course. Image – adjust – then either take Black& White or Desaturate.

or use the channel mixer. It will offer you more control over the mapping of tones

Vice versa. Black & White is Channel Mixer on steroids. People used the Channel Mixer when Black & White was not available yet (if I remember correctly, it was introduced in CS3 or CS4).

Johan W. Elzenga, Editor/Photographer, www.johanfoto.com
TC
tony cooper
Mar 27, 2011
wrote:

You’ll get a lot of smart-ass answer to this, but you deserve them. If you own a legitimate copy of Photoshop and don’t know how to convert a color image to black-and-white, it boggles the mind.

However, there are many ways. Here’s one simple set of steps:

Go up to the tool bar at the top and go Image>Mode>Grayscale (enter)

The image is now black-and-white, but it might be a weak version of black-and-white. To correct this:

Image>Adjustments>Brightness/Contrast. Play with the contrast slider until the image is improved to your satisfaction. >OK.

There other ways to make the conversion, but all include a degree of experience or expertise that it would seem you don’t have if you have to ask the question.

By the way, you don’t need Photoshop to do this. The free program Irfanview has the same ability with basically the same instructions.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
V
Voivod
Mar 27, 2011
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:06:13 -0400, tony cooper
scribbled:

wrote:

You’ll get a lot of smart-ass answer to this, but you deserve them. If you own a legitimate copy of Photoshop and don’t know how to convert a color image to black-and-white, it boggles the mind.

ALL he asked was if it there was an easy way.
J
jaSPAMc
Mar 27, 2011
Voivod found these unused words:

scribbled:

wrote:

He also said ONE COLOR, not specifically B&W. Surely the printed can take a B/W and select the ink he wants, but perhaps he has to make a presentation with the ‘approved’ colour – so it becomes more than simple B/W process.

[damn, for once I agree with you V.!]
CS
Craig Schiller
Mar 27, 2011
Thanks to you and to the others who responded in an effort to help. Obviously I was not clear enough. I don’t want to convert the image to black and white. That I know how to do. I want to convert it so that all the colors convert to, say, green. How would I do that?

Craig

On 03/26/2011 10:06 PM, tony cooper wrote:
wrote:

However, there are many ways. Here’s one simple set of steps:
Go up to the tool bar at the top and go Image>Mode>Grayscale (enter)
The image is now black-and-white, but it might be a weak version of black-and-white. To correct this:

Image>Adjustments>Brightness/Contrast. Play with the contrast slider until the image is improved to your satisfaction.>OK.
There other ways to make the conversion, but all include a degree of experience or expertise that it would seem you don’t have if you have to ask the question.

By the way, you don’t need Photoshop to do this. The free program Irfanview has the same ability with basically the same instructions.

V
Voivod
Mar 27, 2011
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:44:28 -0700, Sir F. A. Rien
scribbled:

Voivod found these unused words:

scribbled:

wrote:

He also said ONE COLOR, not specifically B&W. Surely the printed can take a B/W and select the ink he wants, but perhaps he has to make a presentation with the ‘approved’ colour – so it becomes more than simple B/W process.
[damn, for once I agree with you V.!]

But if you’ve got a monochrome image you can easily change the color.

Is there an easy way to do this? Yes.

Asked and answered 🙂
V
Voivod
Mar 27, 2011
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 12:09:40 -0400, Craig Schiller
scribbled:

Thanks to you and to the others who responded in an effort to help. Obviously I was not clear enough. I don’t want to convert the image to black and white. That I know how to do. I want to convert it so that all the colors convert to, say, green. How would I do that?

You’d learn to stop top posting, ya fuckwit. Go from there.
CS
Craig Schiller
Mar 27, 2011
Fuck off.

On 03/27/2011 1:06 PM, Voivod wrote:
scribbled:

V
Voivod
Mar 27, 2011
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 14:06:47 -0400, Craig Schiller
scribbled:

Fuck off.

You ever feel left out, like everyone else in the room knows what’s going on and you’re just standing there worrying if your fly is open?

Yeah, you know that feeling.
JJ
John J Stafford
Mar 27, 2011
In article <ljJjp.1621$>,
Craig Schiller wrote:

There are a few ways. First, change the image by using Image – adjust – desaturate. Then duplicate the layer, and change the mode of the layer to Color. Change your color chooser to deep green. Fill it with Green (using shift-f5, or fill) or paint it with a brush.

That’s one way.

Another is to use adjust – hue and saturation. Click in the []colorize box and slide to green.

There are other ways, too, for example turning off all channels but green but that doesn’t work well at all.
CS
Craig Schiller
Mar 27, 2011
It must be a terribly lonely life for you, living in your parents’ dark, damp basement, dining on Jolt and Cheetos, trolling 20 hours a day because you have nothing in the world better to do.

On 03/27/2011 2:29 PM, Voivod wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 14:06:47 -0400, Craig Schiller
scribbled:

Fuck off.

You ever feel left out, like everyone else in the room knows what’s going on and you’re just standing there worrying if your fly is open?
Yeah, you know that feeling.

CS
Craig Schiller
Mar 27, 2011
Thanks, John. I’ll fool around with that.

On 03/27/2011 2:38 PM, John J Stafford wrote:
In article<ljJjp.1621$>,
Craig Schiller wrote:

There are a few ways. First, change the image by using Image – adjust – desaturate. Then duplicate the layer, and change the mode of the layer to Color. Change your color chooser to deep green. Fill it with Green (using shift-f5, or fill) or paint it with a brush.

That’s one way.

Another is to use adjust – hue and saturation. Click in the []colorize box and slide to green.

There are other ways, too, for example turning off all channels but green but that doesn’t work well at all.
V
Voivod
Mar 27, 2011
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:27:29 -0400, Craig Schiller
scribbled:

It must be a terribly lonely life for you, living in your parents’ dark, damp basement, dining on Jolt and Cheetos, trolling 20 hours a day because you have nothing in the world better to do.

And what’s your excuse, fuckwit? BTW, the whole projection things, it died in the early 90’s.

Oh, hey, if you know where to cop some Jolt, expecially in the glass bottles, let me know, M’kay?

Did you really think you were going to make me mad and hurt my poor widdle feelings?
CS
Craig Schiller
Mar 27, 2011
Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt, Bubba. Hope you haven’t got rats down there.

On 03/27/2011 6:15 PM, Voivod wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:27:29 -0400, Craig Schiller
scribbled:

And what’s your excuse, fuckwit? BTW, the whole projection things, it died in the early 90’s.

Oh, hey, if you know where to cop some Jolt, expecially in the glass bottles, let me know, M’kay?

Did you really think you were going to make me mad and hurt my poor widdle feelings?
V
Voivod
Mar 28, 2011
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 18:55:49 -0400, Craig Schiller
scribbled:

Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt, Bubba. Hope you haven’t got rats down there.

Wow, a denial/Nile lame? You’ve fallen out of the 80’s and hit your head on the coffee table or something. Quick, pretend you’re superior some more while I continue to laugh at you!
D
dvus
Mar 28, 2011
On 3/26/2011 2:04 PM, Craig Schiller wrote:

If it’s on a solid color background you could select that with the magic wand, invert the selection and then paint the logo with an appropriate size and color brush. (If there’s "holes" in the logo you’ll have to shift-select them before inverting.)

dvus
U
Ulysses
Mar 28, 2011
"Voivod" wrote in message
scribbled:

Wow, a denial/Nile lame? You’ve fallen out of the 80’s and hit your head on the coffee table or something. Quick, pretend you’re superior some more while I continue to laugh at you!
WHAT A TOTAL ASSHOLE
V
Voivod
Mar 28, 2011
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:10:20 -0400, "Ulysses" scribbled:

"Voivod" wrote in message
scribbled:

WHAT A TOTAL ASSHOLE

Yeah, isn’t he? Amazing, this day and age someone acting like a total top posting AOL newbie… you’re related to him, aren’t you?
JJ
John J Stafford
Mar 29, 2011
In article <81Ljp.1256$>,
Craig Schiller wrote:

Fuck off.

scribbled:

Killfile Voivod and be happy.
V
Voivod
Mar 29, 2011
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 20:42:24 -0500, John J Stafford
scribbled:

In article <81Ljp.1256$>,
Craig Schiller wrote:

Fuck off.

scribbled:

Killfile Voivod and be happy.

Buy a sense of humor, be happier.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections