Posted By
PW
Mar 9, 2011
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a photo of an animal that has a blue eye from the camera rather than a red eye. How would I get rid of that (say make it brown or look like a real eye)?

And I also don’t like part of the animals fur (it’s backside) and I would like to replace it with say fur from the rest of the animal that looks nice.

Thanks,

-paulw

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TC
tony cooper
Mar 10, 2011
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:54:40 -0700, PW
wrote:

Hi,

I have a photo of an animal that has a blue eye from the camera rather than a red eye. How would I get rid of that (say make it brown or look like a real eye)?

There are many tutorials online that show you how to do this. Here’s one: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/redeyeremoval/ss/peteye.htm If you Google the phrase "Photoshop correcting pet eye" you will find more. I also Googled "Photoshop pet blue eye" and found several.

In Photoshop, there is always more than one way to do anything.

And I also don’t like part of the animals fur (it’s backside) and I would like to replace it with say fur from the rest of the animal that looks nice.

That can be done. I would do it taking a selection from the good fur and pasting it in the same spot on a new layer , then using a layer mask above that painting out the flat fur with a soft brush. How successful you’ll be depends on your experience with layer masks and the image itself. You might try some cloning first to see if that works.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
J
Joel
Mar 10, 2011
PW wrote:

Hi,

A good selection of the eyes could be some problem to some people, then blending could be other problem. But I don’t think the dog want to order a large print like 20×30" 36X40" so you may be ok.

There are many different ways, but one of the simplest ways is to select the eyes then use either Hue/Sat, and just about any Color adjusting tool then you should be able to have any color you wish.

If you can do the EYES then you should be able to do its nose, it tounge, its ears, and of course its fur. You can use Mask, Clone, Layer etc. to replace just about any part of the photo.

1. If the color doesn’t match the specific part so well (because different part may have different lighting/shade) then you can use Color or any adjusting tool to change to what you want

2. If the fur/hair doesn’t go to same direction, then you can always use tool to rotate to any direction you want.

3. If you don’t like its own hair but you want to paint to it then sure you can use Photoshop own option to do it.

I don’t remember the name, and all small detail where to get to this option (not too hard but I just dont remember). Also, I have never done animal fur/hair to know if it’s any easier/harder than human. But on human I have used few times and it worked great.

Thanks,

-paulw
P
PW
Mar 11, 2011
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 23:53:40 -0500, tony cooper
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 15:54:40 -0700, PW
wrote:

Hi,

There are many tutorials online that show you how to do this. Here’s one: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/redeyeremoval/ss/peteye.htm If you Google the phrase "Photoshop correcting pet eye" you will find more. I also Googled "Photoshop pet blue eye" and found several.
In Photoshop, there is always more than one way to do anything.

That can be done. I would do it taking a selection from the good fur and pasting it in the same spot on a new layer , then using a layer mask above that painting out the flat fur with a soft brush. How successful you’ll be depends on your experience with layer masks and the image itself. You might try some cloning first to see if that works.

Well, I will give it a shot! I’m not that good at much with image editing programs (not yet).

Thanks so much!

-paulw

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections