M
Posted By
mike
Nov 16, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anybody still running PS7 (and/or Illustrator 10) successfully on windows version 7?

Thanks
Mike

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jaSPAMc
Nov 16, 2010
mike found these unused words:

Anybody still running PS7 (and/or Illustrator 10) successfully on windows version 7?

Thanks
Mike

"still" ???

Will PS7 even run on the Hassle la Vista Baby and "7" OS’s ???

Thought you needed CS or better?
M
mike
Nov 17, 2010
In article ,
says…

Thanks
Mike

"still" ???

‘still’ as in still running PS7 (circa 2002, i.e. pre-CS). It works fine on XP, but I am going to replace my PC soon. Debate is whether I will be able to run my old PS7 or if I need to migrate to Gimp (as the cost of a new PS is exhorbitant).
Mike
F
fillyflash
Nov 17, 2010

5.5 and up work for me on Windows 7 64 bit

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:20:40 +1300, mike
wrote:

Thanks
Mike
DJ
david johnson
Nov 17, 2010
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:20:40 +1300, mike
wrote:

Thanks
Mike

you do have the option to run it in virtual xp mode if it doesn’t work. If you get ultimate of course.
AM
Andrew Morton
Nov 17, 2010
david johnson wrote:
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 10:20:40 +1300, mike wrote:

Thanks
Mike

you do have the option to run it in virtual xp mode if it doesn’t work. If you get ultimate of course.

You can use a virtual XP PC on Windows 7 Professional too. But that doesn’t matter as PS will run on Windows 7 anyway.

Andrew
M
mike
Nov 17, 2010
In article ,
says…
In article ,
says…

Thanks
Mike

"still" ???

‘still’ as in still running PS7 (circa 2002, i.e. pre-CS). It works fine on XP, but I am going to replace my PC soon. Debate is whether I will be able to run my old PS7 or if I need to migrate to Gimp (as the cost of a new PS is exhorbitant).

Thanks to all those who replied.

Mike
J
Joel
Nov 18, 2010
mike wrote:

Thanks
Mike

I don’t see any reason why it won’t work (I no longer use PS7 to know how well it works). But just wanna let you know that Windows 7 (especially WIndows 7 64-bit) is pretty picky on audio, graphic card, and driver too.

I upgraded my system from WinXP to Windows 7 64-bit (my Laptop has Windows 7 32-bit) and I have to upgrade both Audio and Graphic Card. Windows 7 64-bit worked great for few months until MS upgraded the Monitor Driver (Samsung SyncMaster T240HD) to newer driver and it started having some issue (it has been going on for around 2 months or so now)

IOW, Windows 7 itself it a good OS and shouldn’t be an issue, but some DRIVER may. I also do lot of DVD burning and Windows 7 64-bit has some burning issue too while 32-bit has no problem.
M
mike
Nov 22, 2010
In article ,
says…
mike wrote:

Thanks
Mike

I don’t see any reason why it won’t work (I no longer use PS7 to know how well it works). But just wanna let you know that Windows 7 (especially WIndows 7 64-bit) is pretty picky on audio, graphic card, and driver too.
I upgraded my system from WinXP to Windows 7 64-bit (my Laptop has Windows 7 32-bit) and I have to upgrade both Audio and Graphic Card. Windows 7 64-bit worked great for few months until MS upgraded the Monitor Driver (Samsung SyncMaster T240HD) to newer driver and it started having some issue (it has been going on for around 2 months or so now)

IOW, Windows 7 itself it a good OS and shouldn’t be an issue, but some DRIVER may. I also do lot of DVD burning and Windows 7 64-bit has some burning issue too while 32-bit has no problem.
Yep, I have heard fairly good things about Windows-7 64-bit. I was burnt with an early Vista 64-bit at work – ran like a dog (still does) and I hated the dumbed-down interface, so I only use that machine in remote mode as a number-cruncher. My usual desk-top machines at work and home have stuck with Win-XP, but now my home machine is showing its age. I presume that people don’t have much trouble with drivers etc when buying new machines rather than upgrading.

Mike
J
jaSPAMc
Nov 22, 2010

In article ,
says…
mike wrote:

Thanks
Mike

Yep, I have heard fairly good things about Windows-7 64-bit. I was burnt with an early Vista 64-bit at work – ran like a dog (still does) and I hated the dumbed-down interface, so I only use that machine in remote mode as a number-cruncher. My usual desk-top machines at work and home have stuck with Win-XP, but now my home machine is showing its age. I presume that people don’t have much trouble with drivers etc when buying new machines rather than upgrading.

Check carefully concerning drivers for your older hardware -=external=- to the new computer. Thet may or may not be available.

Many manufacturers did not [Hassle La Vista] and are not making drivers for ‘legacy’ equipment such as scanners and printers.
M
mike
Nov 23, 2010
In article ,
says…

In article ,
says…
mike wrote:

Thanks
Mike

Check carefully concerning drivers for your older hardware -=external=- to the new computer. Thet may or may not be available.

Many manufacturers did not [Hassle La Vista] and are not making drivers for ‘legacy’ equipment such as scanners and printers.
Thanks for the warning – luckily (?) my printer is on its last legs…only thing I am likely to ‘save’ is my 6×4 Wacom graphics pad (and if drivers are a problem for that I could upgrade there too).

–Mike
I
Infinitech
Nov 24, 2010
No problem at all, you can find all the Windows 7 drivers even for prehistoric tablets on the Wacom website (worked with old graphire) http://www.wacom.com/downloads/drivers.php

———–
www.imaginerie.org
"mike" wrote in message

In article ,
says…

In article ,
says…
mike wrote:

Thanks
Mike

I don’t see any reason why it won’t work (I no longer use PS7 to know how
well it works). But just wanna let you know that Windows 7 (especially WIndows 7 64-bit) is pretty picky on audio, graphic card, and driver too.

I upgraded my system from WinXP to Windows 7 64-bit (my Laptop has Windows
7 32-bit) and I have to upgrade both Audio and Graphic Card. Windows 7 64-bit worked great for few months until MS upgraded the Monitor Driver (Samsung SyncMaster T240HD) to newer driver and it started having some issue
(it has been going on for around 2 months or so now)

Many manufacturers did not [Hassle La Vista] and are not making drivers for
‘legacy’ equipment such as scanners and printers.
Thanks for the warning – luckily (?) my printer is on its last legs…only thing I am likely to ‘save’ is my 6×4 Wacom graphics pad (and if drivers are a problem for that I could upgrade there too).

–Mike

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections