R
Posted By
rdoc2
Oct 19, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I dragged an colored image on top of new layer, a pure white layer, the colored image became a black and white image? Why did this happen and how can I keep that colored image colored?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DJ
david johnson
Oct 19, 2010
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 19:48:43 -0700 (PDT), RDOC
wrote:

When I dragged an colored image on top of new layer, a pure white layer, the colored image became a black and white image? Why did this happen and how can I keep that colored image colored?

the only reason it woudl change in anyway is if you have a altering layer above it or attached to it

as you describe you have none of those then i suggest you made a new image using greyscale instead of rgb / cmyk – double check when you select file > new > that you have the colour mode set correctly
R
rdoc2
Oct 19, 2010
On Oct 19, 2:06 am, david johnson wrote:
wrote:

the only reason it woudl change in anyway is if you have a altering layer above it or attached to it

as you describe you have none of those then i suggest you made a new image using greyscale instead of rgb / cmyk – double check when you select file > new > that you have the colour mode set correctly

Thanks David, I just put a new layer under the colored image instead of putting it on top of the new layer and that worked. I never found out what the problem was.
J
Joel
Oct 20, 2010
RDOC wrote:

I have never seen Layer doing such thing to understand what kind of problem you have at your end. May be something happened to the system? or you hit some keyboard command by accident?

How about TRY AGAIN then give more detail how it happens so we can all learn and may be able to come up with the answer?
PU
Photoshop User
Nov 12, 2010
"RDOC" wrote in message
On Oct 19, 2:06 am, david johnson wrote:
wrote:

Thanks David, I just put a new layer under the colored image instead of putting it on top of the new layer and that worked. I never found out what the problem was.

IMAGE—> MODE —->select proper COLOR space -not necessary to make a new file- in your example change BW image to RGB first then proceed to add layers in color

— —

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections