P
Posted By
Peter
Oct 15, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got CS5 and put it on a new Windows 7 computer. When I open any photo in PS, it has a pinkish hue. The hue is not there when I open with windows picture viewer and it does not print with the pinkish hue. Is there a setting I need to change? It appears in CMYK and RGB mode.

Thanks,

Peter

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DJ
david johnson
Oct 15, 2010
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 18:37:21 -0700 (PDT), Peter
wrote:

I just got CS5 and put it on a new Windows 7 computer. When I open any photo in PS, it has a pinkish hue. The hue is not there when I open with windows picture viewer and it does not print with the pinkish hue. Is there a setting I need to change? It appears in CMYK and RGB mode.

Thanks,

Peter

you need to check your colour matching with the monitor, so darn annoying. and can get complicated if you don’t have the gear. most people don’t but most people don’t need to have it. Check the colour profile of the monitor and the colour profile of the documents.

is it just cs5? if your other whites on the same pink say in internet explorer then its definately the colour profile for the monitor that need to have the correct one installed.
P
Peter
Oct 15, 2010
On Oct 15, 1:15 am, david johnson wrote:

wrote:

Thanks,

Peter

you need to check your colour matching with the monitor, so darn annoying. and can get complicated if you don’t have the gear. most people don’t but most people don’t need to have it. Check the colour profile of the monitor and the colour profile of the documents.
is it just cs5? if your other whites on the same pink say in internet explorer then its definately the colour profile for the monitor that need to have the correct one installed.

Thank you. It does seem to happen with other programs. I’ll have to look into the color profile issue.

Peter
J
jaSPAMc
Oct 16, 2010
Peter found these unused words:

On Oct 15, 1:15 am, david johnson wrote:

wrote:

Thanks,

Peter

Thank you. It does seem to happen with other programs. I’ll have to look into the color profile issue.

Peter

You can download "Adobe Gamma" which will set a profile for your monitor if you can’t find a ‘standard’ match in the selection list.
A
al
Oct 16, 2010
On Oct 16, 3:52 pm, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:

On Oct 15, 1:15 am, david johnson wrote:

wrote:

Thanks,

Peter

Peter

You can download "Adobe Gamma" which will set a profile for your monitor if you can’t find a ‘standard’ match in the selection list.

I all ways used Firefox to do stuff on the Computer.
J
jaSPAMc
Oct 17, 2010
al found these unused words:

wrote:

Thanks,

Peter

Peter

Duh … so what?

Firefox is a BROWSER

Adobe Gamma is a monitor colour ‘calibration’.

… Kirk Splaat
T
Teresa
Nov 3, 2010
?

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message

al found these unused words:

wrote:
I just got CS5 and put it on a new Windows 7 computer. When I open any
photo in PS, it has a pinkish hue. The hue is not there when I open with windows picture viewer and it does not print with the pinkish hue. Is there a setting I need to change? It appears in CMYK and RGB mode.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter

You can download "Adobe Gamma" which will set a profile for your monitor if
you can’t find a ‘standard’ match in the selection list.

Duh … so what?

Firefox is a BROWSER

Adobe Gamma is a monitor colour ‘calibration’.

… Kirk Splaat

I am a dreaded "lurker" who never posts…but, I had a very similar problem with
Win 7 and it was my display driver. I try to stay up with the latest drivers and one driver (after an update)
caused this problem….so if there isn’t an update for your driver…try doing to rollback
to a previous driver.
Might not be it…but I thought I would try to help.
Good luck I know it’s frustrating as hell.

Teresa

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections