JO
Posted By
Jeremy Oliver
Sep 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have must create 6000 photo files from 18000 individual photos.

Each file will be a sequence of 3 photos joined end to end. Each photo will show instruction of a particular task in the correct sequence from left to right.

How can I put 3 photos together (end to end) and save it as one photo file instead of 3 separate files?

The task is so big I need to do find a way around this.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
Don McCahill
Sep 21, 2003
We need more information. Are the images the same size and orientation (vertical/horizontal)? If so, an action (macro) could be built that will quickly position three opened pix into one larger one, then save it.

If everything varies though, you have more of a chore, although it is probable that an action will save you some time.
JO
Jeremy Oliver
Sep 21, 2003
Yes you are correct – all photos are exactly the same size and orientation. They are 3 photos taken from a BMP sequence in Adobe Premiere.

All I need to do is have them joined as one file instead of 3 photos.

The action (macro) sounds perfect. How do I do that please?

Thanks…..
DM
dave milbut
Sep 21, 2003
create a new file that’s the full width of the 3 files, plus any space you wish to leave between them.

copy file 1 to new file (crtl-a, crtl-c, switch to new file, crtl-v), select all (crtl-a). select move tool. select "align left" in the option bar. select "align middle" in the option bar.

copy file 2 to new file, select all. select move tool. select "align center" in the option bar. select "align middle" in the option bar.

copy file 3 to new file, select all. select move tool. select "align right" in the option bar. select "align middle" in the option bar.

this should be easily actionable. record it as an action the first time you do it. assign the action to a function key if you like, then all you’ll need to do is open 3 files and press a single key. the action should create the new file, do the 3 copy and align steps. then save the new file.

you might further enhance the action to make it batchable (3 files only, selected in the browser) so that it opens the 3 input files for you as well. i don’t see a way to fully automate all 18000 images though, barring scripting. maybe someone else can come up with a way.

read up on actions in the manual for details.

dave
JO
Jeremy Oliver
Sep 21, 2003
Thanks very much Dave – I will look into this now. Much appreciated.

Jeremy
DM
dave milbut
Sep 22, 2003
you’re welcome. good luck.
dave

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections