SV
Posted By
Skylar Vanderfield
Sep 20, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I am new to using Vectors. The problem is that when I highlight an object using vectors, it is completely covered by whatever color has been selected is by the eyedropper previously. I don’t know how to either completely bypass the swatch color, turn-it-off, or use transperancies, if that is the protocal to deal with vectors and color. I am not sure–I am lost to be more precise!

If someone could steer me in the right direction that would be great, because I am not being forward until I can get passed this. And if it something to do with transperancy, can you please can explain, because I have not become familar with transparency, so without direction I will be still helpless as well.

Thanks for anyone helps. It is much appreciated:)
Skylar

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 20, 2003
The answer could be anything – describe what you are trying to do, exactly – THEN describe how you are trying to do it; what tools you are using to achieve your desired result.

Having said that, when you click on the shape tool (photoshops vector shapes), look in the options bar on the left. You have a choice of Shape Layer, Path, and Filled Shape. I’m betting you need Shape Layer.

Dray your shape layer. Then use the Path tools from the tool palette to select, and optionally modify your path of the vector shape.

More information on what you’re trying to accomplish will result in much better help.

Peace,
Tony
SV
Skylar Vanderfield
Sep 20, 2003
I am following a tutorial. So the instructions were to simply use the Vector tool (the first on top of five) on the option bar. I created a path using a vector similar to what I would do using the lasso tool and then I click on the Path window, using Work Path and Save the Path. However, long before I get to even clicking on the Path Window, whatever color is already chosen in the by the eyedropper from whatever I did previously (or I the colors I tried to change it to now)is showing. This is the color that shows and completely covers my Vector Path. So when I when I make a complete connection of the Vector Path, what I have is a completely filled in shape of the color that is chosen by the eyedropper. So I trying to figure out how to make it so that I can see the object that I am Vectoring (is that a verb?) instead of having it covered by color.
As for vector shapes, I am not quite there yet. I hope this might be more enlightening as to what my problem is. Thanks.
Skylar
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 20, 2003
Look in your options bar towards the left. Choose PATH, not shape layer or filled shape.
SV
Skylar Vanderfield
Sep 22, 2003
Okay I found the item marked path selection tool right above the pen tool which I have been using. However, the path tool doesn’t leave any markings, or paths, as you move along an object, such as the pen tool did. So, now what I am doing wrong? Shouldn’t I be able to see something, and why wouldn’t thus tutorial from Webmonkey point that out to me? I am definitely NOT using the shape filled shape tool selections on the option bar, because I just played around with them to see what they did and I could see how one would think they would be what I was using, because the fill in the shape with the exact foreground color you have selected. This exactly what the pen tool is doing; however, it is allowing me to draw a vector {?) around the object and even adjust the vector angles with around more curveous pieces. I think I am almost there, but not quite.
Let me know if this information helps you more with my problem. Thanks Skylar
SV
Skylar Vanderfield
Sep 22, 2003
Actually, I think I made progress. I just noticed the various choices along the top of the program. Once I choice any other option for the pen–PATHS. Then it acted like the same tool but with NO filling in of color. I think I just need to fiddle around with the commands on top now. Thanks for your help. Granted I am sure I will be back soon enough.

Skylar
L
LenHewitt
Sep 22, 2003
Skylar,

I found the item marked path selection tool <<

That is for SELECTING existing paths, not drawing them….
Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 22, 2003
Pen tool. Select Paths in option bar.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections