Posted By
Ruth
Nov 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i posted this to the graphics conf with not too much luck 🙂

i was wondering if anyone has use this app and if its any good, the reviews (and anyone i got a reply from!) panned it. however i use a lot of lighting effects, and i’m looking for a plugin that’ll save me time.

any help appreciated.

thanks
ruth

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
TSimmons
Nov 1, 2003
Ruth,

I used it after seeing adverts in a comp gfx mag.

It wasn’t for me. So I deleted it shortly. I’m not saying it’s good or bad…just that it wasn’t for me.

Cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp

awesome – powerpoint backgrounds,
free sample templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

"Ruth" wrote in message
news:bo1but$e06$
H
Hecate
Nov 2, 2003
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:26:37 +0000 (UTC), "Ruth" wrote:

i posted this to the graphics conf with not too much luck 🙂
i was wondering if anyone has use this app and if its any good, the reviews (and anyone i got a reply from!) panned it. however i use a lot of lighting effects, and i’m looking for a plugin that’ll save me time.
any help appreciated.

thanks
ruth
It’s excellent for lighting effects. Rather like PS I think it takes a while to learn to use, and even then you’d only be scratching the surface. For a review you might find interesting try:

www.designer-info.com

It’s a good site for all sorts of imaging reviews, and they guy is a graphics professional with his own company. He knows what he’s talking about. 🙂

Hecate

veni, vidi, relinqui
R
Roberto
Nov 2, 2003
Well, I like it. It is a complex package that really allows for creative freedom and as Hecate said it will take some learning, but I think it is a great package.

I wish AutoFX would include some training videos with their products.

Robert
R
Ruth
Nov 2, 2003
thanks for the feedback 🙂
i guess i *really* want to buy this and am looking for confirmation that its not a total dud 🙂
birthday present to self next year, maybe.

ruth

"nospam" wrote in message
Well, I like it. It is a complex package that really allows for creative freedom and as Hecate said it will take some learning, but I think it is a great package.

Robert

R
Roberto
Nov 3, 2003
Well, I don’t think it is a dud. However, I do wish they had real working demos. I think that is the least they can offer potential customers that they can at least play around with stuff before buying it. They do have some of the more expensive plug-in packages.

Robert

"Ruth" wrote in message
thanks for the feedback 🙂
i guess i *really* want to buy this and am looking for confirmation that
its
not a total dud 🙂
birthday present to self next year, maybe.

ruth

Well, I like it. It is a complex package that really allows for creative freedom and as Hecate said it will take some learning, but I think it is
a
great package.

Robert

T
TSimmons
Nov 4, 2003
Robert,

However, I do wish they had real working demos.
my thoughts exactly and it does take some learning.

I guess I didn’t have the time to learn (what I thought would be a simple filter) these lighting effects

Cheers
TAJ

Well, I don’t think it is a dud. However, I do wish they had real working demos. I think that is the least they can offer potential customers that they can at least play around with stuff before buying it. They do have
some
of the more expensive plug-in packages.

Robert

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections