Posted By
rdoc2
Sep 20, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
CS5
I would like to know a way to turn the foliage in the background of an image that is a yellowish green to a real greenish green color. When I try to do this it wants to go either yellower or blueish or reddish green rather than a greenish green. I want to get it blacker I guess would be the way of saying it. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this? Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

J
Joel
Sep 21, 2010
RDOC wrote:

CS5
I would like to know a way to turn the foliage in the background of an image that is a yellowish green to a real greenish green color. When I try to do this it wants to go either yellower or blueish or reddish green rather than a greenish green. I want to get it blacker I guess would be the way of saying it. Can someone tell me how to accomplish this? Thanks

All Photoshop versions have many different ways/commands to change one specific color to other. Lets see if I can remember the names

Color Balance, Hue/Sat, Channel Mixer, Curves, Selective Color and I believe there are few more but not very popular, and I only learned once or twice but never used to remember.

Also, make sure to select the sub-menu there you should see more specific colors.
R
rdoc2
Sep 21, 2010
On Sep 20, 9:00 pm, Joel wrote:
RDOC wrote:
CS5

All Photoshop versions have many different ways/commands to change one specific color to other.  Lets see if I can remember the names
Color Balance, Hue/Sat, Channel Mixer, Curves, Selective Color and I believe there are few more but not very popular, and I only learned once or twice but never used to remember.

Also, make sure to select the sub-menu there you should see more specific colors.

Thanks your reply is appreciated. Is there a way to painted with back over the green at a reduced opacity and flow and have the color only get apply to what is the foliage and not the open space. Can this be done by changing the blend mode? Or even painting over the yellow green with a darker green and having only affecting the foliage and not the spaces between the foliage by changing the blend mode or will this only work if I select all of the foliage?
J
Joel
Sep 21, 2010
RDOC wrote:

On Sep 20, 9:00 pm, Joel wrote:
RDOC wrote:
CS5

All Photoshop versions have many different ways/commands to change one specific color to other.  Lets see if I can remember the names

Thanks your reply is appreciated. Is there a way to painted with back over the green at a reduced opacity and flow and have the color only get apply to what is the foliage and not the open space. Can this be done by changing the blend mode? Or even painting over the yellow green with a darker green and having only affecting the foliage and not the spaces between the foliage by changing the blend mode or will this only work if I select all of the foliage?

I have seen Photoshop has many different ways to make thing possible, but I don’t do this type of work to have any step-by-step instruction to share.

I have tried to learn the Blending features, but I am too dull to be able to remember so many different things the Blend modes can do. So, I think it’s possible, but you may have to master the Blend Mode with combination of others to archive the gold.

I often use LAYER and I sometime use layer to change/effect the background or foreground.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections