RM
Posted By
Robert Montgomery
Jul 14, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In CS3, when I try to move a guide, I keep on having this weird problem: Instead of the guide moving that the cursor is on top of, a guide elsewhere on the page moves instead.

And often when I try to move a vertical guide with the Move tool, the guide move cursor turns into the horizontal guide move cursor, and often when I try to move a horizontal guide with the Move tool, the guide move cursor turns into the vertical guide move cursor, and again, when I try to drag a guide that I think is selected, a guide elsewhere on the page – usually one on a distant part of the page that’s not even visible – is moved instead.

I’m zoomed in much when I try to move a guide, so I only discover that the wrong guides have been moved by zooming all the way out to Fit in Window view.

It’s usually only after about three or four attempts to move a particular guide that I’m successful at moving it, but when I zoom out I see that in the process I’ve accidentally moved or deleted other guides that I hadn’t intended to move or delete.

I’ve been plagued by these problems for a long time.

I’m using a Mac.

Robert

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Aug 23, 2010
On Jul 13, 9:40 pm, Robert Montgomery <
tech.net> wrote:
In CS3, when I try to move a guide, I keep on having this weird problem: Instead of the guide moving that the cursor is on top of, a guide elsewhere on the page moves instead.

And often when I try to move a vertical guide with the Move tool, the guide move cursor turns into the horizontal guide move cursor, and often when I try to move a horizontal guide with the Move tool, the guide move cursor turns into the vertical guide move cursor, and again, when I try to drag a guide that I think is selected, a guide elsewhere on the page – usually one on a distant part of the page that’s not even visible – is moved instead.

I’m zoomed in much when I try to move a guide, so I only discover that the wrong guides have been moved by zooming all the way out to Fit in Window view.

It’s usually only after about three or four attempts to move a particular guide that I’m successful at moving it, but when I zoom out I see that in the process I’ve accidentally moved or deleted other guides that I hadn’t intended to move or delete.

I’ve been plagued by these problems for a long time.

I’m using a Mac.

Robert

More than likely this is a video graphics driver issue. Start by making sure that any software associated with your graphics card is up do date. If that doesn’t do the trick, go into System
Settings>Display, and back off on the hardware acceleration features.

Mike Russell

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections