A
Posted By
auto
Jun 3, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Purchased a new Nikon D300s and shot the first set of pix in both .jpg and RAW.
When I go to load the RAW file (.NEF) into Photoshop I get a window that tells me it "Cannot complete your request because of a program error"
The .jpg files load OK.
I have both CS3 and CS4. I have never had this problem loading any other RAW files into Photoshop from CF memory cards shot in my old Nikon D70.
Any idea what’s going on.
One more thing…this is a new memory card, a 32 Gig Patriot card.

If anyone has an explanation and a fix for this I would appreciate it. thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
Joel
Jun 4, 2010
wrote:

Purchased a new Nikon D300s and shot the first set of pix in both .jpg and RAW.
When I go to load the RAW file (.NEF) into Photoshop I get a window that tells me it "Cannot complete your request because of a program error"
The .jpg files load OK.
I have both CS3 and CS4. I have never had this problem loading any other RAW files into Photoshop from CF memory cards shot in my old Nikon D70.
Any idea what’s going on.

Idea? I am guessing that Nikon D300 probably newer than CS3 and CS4 so they don’t support the newer RAW format. You may want to check with Adobe site see if they have newer ARC for CS4 which supports the Nikon D300

One more thing…this is a new memory card, a 32 Gig Patriot card.

Memory card shouldn’t cause any problem.

If anyone has an explanation and a fix for this I would appreciate it. thanks

Point your browser to www.google.com then search for something like "CS4 nikon d300" or similar then you should find the answer(s).
G
gowanoh
Jun 4, 2010
Upgrade your Adobe raw converter. The latest version for CS4 covers the D300s (and D90 and D5000 which are electronic clones).
Adobe generally does not support new cameras for prior versions of Photoshop for $ reasons.
The easiest workaround is to use the Adobe Digital Negative Converter. You can use the Nikon supplied viewer to open the raw image, save as a tif and then work the image in PS or any other program.
You may find you prefer Nikon NX as a raw converter: there is a free fully functional trial. Ditto for Bibble, DxO etc.
CS5 is also available as a trial. My personal experience is that I would strongly recommend CS4 users download the CS5 trial before purchase.

— —

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections