D
Posted By
Dave
Apr 4, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a Notebook two days ago with Vista installed.
This is in fact the first time I work with Vista as I usually (always) have XP installed. For some or another reason
Vista can not display jpg’s or png images. Does somebody have a solution?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

PU
Photoshop User
Apr 4, 2010
"Dave" wrote in message
This is in fact the first time I work with Vista as I usually (always) have XP installed. For some or another reason

most likely they do
I put "Vista no thumbnails jpg" into GOOGLE search and about 10 pages came up on same topic

— —
D
Dave
Apr 5, 2010
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 17:45:34 -0400, "Kabuki" wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

most likely they do
I put "Vista no thumbnails jpg" into GOOGLE search and about 10 pages came up on same topic

Thanks for the reply, Kabuki. I did the same before asking the question here and did not get a real answer there, only speculations. Most repliers suggest a specific viewer to be installed which should not be needed because why is not necessary in XP?
Without exception I make use of the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (unless working on a picture of course) when using XP. I am still using XP on my desktops and should maybe
simply throw Vista off and replace it with XP on the Notebook. BTW, this (I guess) would only be a flaw to one specific version of Vista. Thanks again for your reply and your search on Google. (the problem does not happen to be only thumbnail view but complete JPG)
D
Dave
Apr 5, 2010

Problem is non-existent, Kabuki.
I am using a grabber program by the name ‘Snagit’
and it is only jpg’s been made with Snagit that Vista
does not show. My camera photos are normally viewable.
Wonder what is the difference? There are obvious a difference between the jpgs & jpgs.
PU
Photoshop User
Apr 5, 2010
"Dave" wrote in message
Wonder what is the difference? There are obvious a difference between the jpgs & jpgs.

—there is a jpg called jpg2000? and yes it’s different format —-are you sure the snagit’s are jpg? most screenshot grabs are bmp —-is there a way to check your file associations in VISTA? —in Xp you right click and say open with… check box to say use this every time
assoc with win/pic/fax viewer?

—I used to have a thumbnail program freebie called THUMBS PLUS —do you have IRfan view or GIMP installed?

———have you tried opening same images in PS or other program? does it work?

— —
D
Dave
Apr 5, 2010
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 14:45:28 -0400, "Kabuki" wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

—there is a jpg called jpg2000? and yes it’s different format —-are you sure the snagit’s are jpg? most screenshot grabs are bmp —-is there a way to check your file associations in VISTA? —in Xp you right click and say open with… check box to say use this every time
assoc with win/pic/fax viewer?

—I used to have a thumbnail program freebie called THUMBS PLUS —do you have IRfan view or GIMP installed?

———have you tried opening same images in PS or other program? does it work?

Here is a perfect example, Kabuki. You’ll remember I said most of it are captures made of text in correspondence which I save as jpg’s on my PC. This was (one of) the reason(s) for buying the notebook and I was to much in a hurry saying it can open no jpeg. After posting my letter I found it to have no problem with my photos. Explanation (and excuse) therefore is that I was busy setting up the norebook:-) I don’t have any problems with it, because I can simply recapture it. Anyway, here it is:-)
http://kuns.fotopic.net/p64084765.html

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections