SM
Posted By
Steve Marose
Jan 19, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i just installed elements 8 on my sony laptop running windows 7. my printer is attached to a desktop that is part of my home wireless network. i am able to see it in control panel, print from other programs (office, etc) and even was able to print from pse 7, which i just uninstalled when i installed pse 8 so i wouldn’t have 2 versions wasting space on my computer. when i try to print a file with elements 8, i get an error that says printing and page setup can not be performed until i install a printer. i see no options for setting up a pritner within the program, it simply thinks i dont have a printer installed.
any idea why pse 8 isn’t seeing a printer that every other program (includung pse7) can see? not sure how to resolve this. since my pse7 was an download, not a cd install, i can’t get it back.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SM
Steve Marose
Jan 19, 2010
On Jan 18, 11:04 pm, Steve Marose wrote:
i just installed elements 8 on my sony laptop running windows 7. my printer is attached to a desktop that is part of my home wireless network. i am able to see it in control panel, print from other programs (office, etc) and even was able to print from pse 7, which i just uninstalled when i installed pse 8 so i wouldn’t have 2 versions wasting space on my computer. when i try to print a file with elements 8, i get an error that says printing and page setup can not be performed until i install a printer.  i see no options for setting up a pritner within the program, it simply thinks i dont have a printer installed.
any idea why pse 8 isn’t seeing a printer that every other program (includung pse7) can see? not sure how to resolve this. since my pse7 was an download, not a cd install, i can’t get it back.

hey, figured this out on my own, not long after i posted. maybe this will help somene else who runs into the same problem:
i changed my default printer in control panel to the generic microsoft xps document writer. pse 8 recognized this one so allowedme to pull up the print setup window. i then changed the printer in pse8 to my canon. after that, i went back to control panel and made the canon default again.
B
Bob AZ
Feb 4, 2010
On Jan 19, 10:32�am, Steve Marose wrote:
On Jan 18, 11:04�pm, Steve Marose wrote:

i just installed elements 8 on my sony laptop running windows 7. my printer is attached to a desktop that is part of my home wireless network. i am able to see it in control panel, print from other programs (office, etc) and even was able to print from pse 7, which i just uninstalled when i installed pse 8 so i wouldn’t have 2 versions wasting space on my computer. when i try to print a file with elements 8, i get an error that says printing and page setup can not be performed until i install a printer. �i see no options for setting up a pritner within the program, it simply thinks i dont have a printer installed.

hey, figured this out on my own, not long after i posted. maybe this will help somene else who runs into the same problem:
i changed my default printer in control panel to the generic microsoft xps document writer. pse 8 recognized this one so allowedme to pull up the print setup window. i then changed the printer in pse8 to my canon. after that, i went back to control panel and made the canon default again.

Steve

PSE 7 and PSE 8 both want to run at the same time and this confuses the computer. I finally had to drop PSE 2 for PSE 7 and the same problem went away. Your problem with the printer will popup again. Adobe is woefully aware of this and will do nothing except to hope it will go away. Their cure is to expect that you will spend more money. Too bad. Elements is a great program after you learn your way with it. Then another version is introduced to get your money.

Bob AZ

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections