PF
Posted By
Paul Furman
Mar 25, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry I know this is the PS group but I’m running a slide show in Lightroom on a second monitor and it worked for a while, allowing me to multi-task, then (probably when the laptop got hot or memory ran short) when I alt-tabbed to another window, it would flash back to LR and stop the show, clearing the second monitor to the vista desktop background. I’ve got an unwieldy catalog, it takes a long time for it to think about some tasks, like for example initializing the second monitor. I think this 3-year-old Vaio laptop’s video card is sorta lame, though it’s a premium model that I bought largely because it had a video card with some on-board ram. I’m currently optimizing the catalog which will probably help but if there’s another setting I might have tweaked with an accidental shortcut key or something, I’d appreciate any ideas.

Apart from that, it works great for this purpose, showing slides to customers at a trade show, and if they ask "What’s that?" I can see in LR and pause it there. When it failed, I used irfanview, but I can’t see that monitor so it’s awkward to set up and blind to me as it runs.

I am running Ultramon for some issues with dual monitors in vista, if that matters. It shouldn’t for one application.

Paul Furman
www.baynatives.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

A
andy
Mar 27, 2010
testing

1-2-3-4
PF
Paul Furman
Apr 1, 2010
andy wrote:
testing

1-2-3-4

Yeah, what the heck, this group was dead for a week for me after I asked that question. I think I intitially just didn’t notice it was blinking out. Would’ve been nice to have that capability.

Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net
www.baynatives.com

all google groups messages filtered due to spam

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections