Posted By
Paul Burdett
Feb 21, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

Haven’t met this one before..and I have Googled to try to find a solution. When I open a photo and add a grid (view>extras or view>grid) a grid is added. Fine. When I click view>deselect grid..fine. However…opening a new photo adds a grid again. I did the usual ctrl+alt+shift to reset preferences which worked, but the next time I add a grid the thing keeps coming up as before.
What am i doing wrong?

Cheers,

Paul

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JS
John Stafford
Feb 22, 2010
In article <4b8093de$0$1499$>,
"Paul Burdett" wrote:

Hi all,

Haven’t met this one before..and I have Googled to try to find a solution. When I open a photo and add a grid (view>extras or view>grid) a grid is added. Fine. When I click view>deselect grid..fine. However…opening a new photo adds a grid again. I did the usual ctrl+alt+shift to reset preferences which worked, but the next time I add a grid the thing keeps coming up as before.
What am i doing wrong?

Cheers,

Paul

You are doing nothing wrong. Photoshop behaves that way. I do not like it at all, and consider it a bug or poor choice of behavior.

Show Grid seems to be a session thing but not universal in that you cannot decide to show a grid unless an image is open. Then it ‘sticks’.

When you have the grid displayed, then save the image, it will open with the grid next time. That’s a good thing.

However, when you save and close the image, the next image you open will also display a grid even though it never had one before. That’s a bad thing.

(PS v
B
bobert
Feb 23, 2010
"Paul Burdett" wrote:

Hi all,

What am i doing wrong?

Cheers,

Paul

Try Cmd + ‘ to show the grid, and same command to hide the grid. —

On average, everyone has one testicle and one overy

Bobert
In Central California
TC
tony cooper
Feb 23, 2010
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:47:38 -0800, bobert
wrote:

"Paul Burdett" wrote:

Hi all,

What am i doing wrong?

Cheers,

Paul

Try Cmd + ‘ to show the grid, and same command to hide the grid.

On a PC, to show/hide grid it is Control + ‘.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida
PB
Paul Burdett
Feb 25, 2010
"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:47:38 -0800, bobert
wrote:

"Paul Burdett" wrote:

Hi all,

Haven’t met this one before..and I have Googled to try to find a solution.
When I open a photo and add a grid (view>extras or view>grid) a grid is added. Fine. When I click view>deselect grid..fine. However…opening a new
photo adds a grid again. I did the usual ctrl+alt+shift to reset preferences
which worked, but the next time I add a grid the thing keeps coming up as
before.
What am i doing wrong?

Cheers,

Paul

Try Cmd + ‘ to show the grid, and same command to hide the grid.

On a PC, to show/hide grid it is Control + ‘.

Tony Cooper – Orlando, Florida

Thanks you to all for replying. The "problem" seems to have sorted itself out…strange thing computers!!

Paul

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections