J
Posted By
john
Feb 12, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello I was wondering if anyone knows that elements has the crop function with the rule of thirds grid in it?

thanks in advance.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BI
Bill Idgerant
Feb 12, 2010
On 12/02/2010 5:58 AM, john wrote:
Hello I was wondering if anyone knows that elements has the crop function with the rule of thirds grid in it?

thanks in advance.

I don’t.

Bill Idgerant
The poster formerly known as Roger Thaat
MJ
Michael J Davis
Feb 13, 2010
john was inspired to say

No, I don’t. Which version?

Mike

Michael J Davis

<><
"I never have taken a picture I’ve intended.
They’re always better or worse."
Diane Arbus
<><
AB
Alan Browne
Feb 13, 2010
On 10-02-12 7:58 , john wrote:

Why would you need/want such a thing?

The "tool" of thirds is useful as a reminder to not center important elements of a composition and to use diagonals to connect elements, but it is neither meant to be used precisely, doggedly or always. (for that matter, centered compositions always have their place).

You should be able to visualize the thirds well enough without an aid.

If needed you can always turn on the grid after using preferences to space the grid as needed. (CMD-‘) on a Mac (Alt-‘ I think on a PC).

One photographer I met put on a presentation where she used the term rule of thirds incessantly. The main elements of her images were well outside the 1/3 lines. Her interpretation was get things way off center. (Her images were invariably great).

gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
J
john
Feb 14, 2010
john schreef:

thanks in advance.
just as a guideline not an exact tool OC

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections