Automated application of watermark on photos, problems.

G
Posted By
giumak
Feb 12, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I’m new to this ng.
I am an amateur photographer not expert enough to use properly Photoshop and I have a technical question to submit to your attention: I’m trying to place a copyright watermark using a photoshop automated action copyright, to protect some of my photographs, but I’m having some problems.

I’ll briefly describe the procedure that I followed, if anyone can help me, I will be very grateful:

– I create by Pts C3 a ‘new text’ and inserted into the custom form, (open – new – 1024×768 Res. 300 – transparent background – save as TIFF), adds the ‘C’ copyright symbol and then beside the text www. blablabla.com.
At this point I should unify the two levels, what is the correct procedure? missed some step?

Point two: I create a new action.
I start recording, then I open a photo file, I apply the form obtained, close, close the registration of the action.

Automates the creation of a batch:
– Run: default action, action: apply watermark
– Choose the source folder, then check the first and the third box. – Choose the destination folder and check the box
I type ‘OK’ and the window, the panels slide image folder but does not save any image.

This procedure was suggested to me by a friend with wich I have no way to communicate anymore.
Who would please suggest to me the correct procedure, ‘step by step’?

Thanks in advance

Giumak

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jaSPAMc
Feb 12, 2010
giumak found these unused words:

I am an amateur photographer not expert enough to use properly Photoshop and I have a technical question to submit to your attention: I’m trying to place a copyright watermark using a photoshop automated action copyright, to protect some of my photographs, but I’m having some problems.

I’ll briefly describe the procedure that I followed, if anyone can help me, I will be very grateful:

– I create by Pts C3 a ‘new text’ and inserted into the custom form, (open – new – 1024×768 Res. 300 – transparent background – save as TIFF), adds the ‘C’ copyright symbol and then beside the text www. blablabla.com.
At this point I should unify the two levels, what is the correct procedure? missed some step?

I start recording, then I open a photo file, I apply the form obtained, close, close the registration of the action.

– Choose the source folder, then check the first and the third box. – Choose the destination folder and check the box
I type ‘OK’ and the window, the panels slide image folder but does not save any image.

This procedure was suggested to me by a friend with wich I have no way to communicate anymore.
Thanks in advance

The only way I’ve made that work is to copy the ‘watermark’ to clipboard, then make an action that pastes the clipboard and flattens the image and saves.

This works in a batch, but immediately before activating the batch process, you have to ‘clipboard’ the watermark.

I don’t ‘flatten the watermark, just select all and copy the layer!
PF
Paul Furman
Feb 12, 2010
On 2/12/2010 11:33 AM, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
giumak found these unused words:

Thanks in advance

The only way I’ve made that work is to copy the ‘watermark’ to clipboard, then make an action that pastes the clipboard and flattens the image and saves.

This works in a batch, but immediately before activating the batch process, you have to ‘clipboard’ the watermark.

I don’t ‘flatten the watermark, just select all and copy the layer!

I’m pretty sure the way I did it was open the watermark drawing before recording, then the action records the alt-tab to that window to copy-paste for each instance. Also I broke it into two actions so there’s a break in the middle to adjust transparency of the watermark or move it around so it’s legible but not too strong for each image. A lot of work! so I don’t bother any more.
J
jjs
Feb 13, 2010
Regarding the saving problem, use Image Processor (Under File-Automation), check off to save in the proper format. Add your action at the bottom.

A cheap and dirty way to watermark is to use automation to create a web gallery. Under Security, type your watermark and click the position. Under Size, do not resize. Let it rip. It creates a folder called Images. Throw away everything but that folder. There ya go – all watermarked.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections