Posted By
Mirco Bott
Feb 10, 2010
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
I’ve been working with Photoshop for several years now, using a normal mouse. I know that many of you work with graphic tablets. I’d like to try one. Are there big differences between them and what can you suggest?

Thanx Mirco

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DJ
david johnson
Feb 10, 2010
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:25:48 +0200, Dave wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:30:20 +0100, "Mirco Bottèr" wrote:

Hi
I’ve been working with Photoshop for several years now, using a normal mouse. I know that many of you work with graphic tablets. I’d like to try one. Are there big differences between them and what can you suggest?
Thanx Mirco

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/aboutgraphics/tp/graphicsta blets.htm
http://www.futurelooks.com/genius-pensketch-9×12-graphics-ta blet-review/
http://www.reviewcentre.com/products395.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_2081385_use-graphics-tablet.html
http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/showthread.php?t=12675

http://www.trustedreviews.com/peripherals/review/2009/01/21/ Genius-G-Pen-M712-Pen-Tablet/p1
http://www.dragonsteelmods.com/index.php?option=com_content& amp;task=view&id=5956&Itemid=38

can’t go wrong with wacom usually
D
Dave
Feb 10, 2010
On Wed, david johnson > wrote:

You sound like one of those guys that owns a Mazda Sedan. And, without ever trying out any other vehicle, advertize the Mazda as the best vehicle in the world.
Maybe I am unfair because you did not really say that wacom is the best.
(remember what men did? After visiting only the (earth’s) moon, it was said there are no life elsewhere in the cosmos!)

‘kay David, I know I am exaggerating…! You only said it’s good. And certainly, wacom is a good graphic pen; only, *not the only good one:-)
JB
Jamie Burns
Feb 10, 2010
On Feb 10, 12:48 pm, Dave wrote:
On Wed,  david johnson > wrote:

You sound like one of those guys that owns a Mazda Sedan. And, without ever trying out any other vehicle, advertize the Mazda as the best vehicle in the world.
Maybe I am unfair because you did not really say that wacom is the best.
(remember what men did? After visiting only the (earth’s) moon, it was said there are no life elsewhere in the cosmos!)

‘kay David, I know I am exaggerating…! You only said it’s good. And certainly, wacom is a good graphic pen; only, *not the only good one:-)

That was a pointless post. All you did was state the obvious and not help the original poster. And I bet you’re the kinda person that never uses their blinker in traffic. BTW, who has only driven one kind of vehicle their whole life?
D
Dave
Feb 10, 2010
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:53:52 -0800 (PST), Jamie Burns
That was a pointless post. All you did was state the obvious and not help the original poster. And I bet you’re the kinda person that never uses their blinker in traffic. BTW, who has only driven one kind of vehicle their whole life?

Surprise to you; I realize this was pointless.
I completed at that stage a relative big job, was busy switching off before a late dinner, and browsed a bit and felt like saying it. Truth is, it was said very light heartedly, with a smile on my face and a smile in my heart. And I am still smiling..
AB
Alan Browne
Feb 10, 2010
On 10-02-10 12:16 , david johnson wrote:

I used to think the same about Logitech. But that has been irrevocably challenged by the crappiest wireless keyboard and mouse sets ever.

Optional:

(First failed (mouse). They sent me a new keyboard/mouse set (prev. edition had been discontinued). Keyboard was flaky on arrival (missing key strokes). Sent another KB/Mouse set. It’s showing initial signs of failing less than a year later. They did send replacements, which is good, but it took a week worth of e-mail exchanges in both cases to get them to do anything…. )

gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.
J
Joel
Feb 11, 2010
"Mirco Bottèr" wrote:

Hi
Thanx Mirco

There shouldn’t be much difference besides newer driver and better supporting.

I don’t deal with the PRESSURE to know the difference between 5xx vs 1xxx.
J
john
Feb 11, 2010
Mirco Bottèr schreef:
Hi
Thanx Mirco
Well I have recently bought a wacom pen and touch.

I use it for photoshop and premiere (elements. I have never owned any other tablet but I worked with a trust tablet which was really crap.

I am using this for a month or 2 now and for the relative low price compared to flagship tablets this is ok for me. It did take me 2 weeks to get used to the tablet.

I bought the pen and touch so I thought I could remove my mouse. That is to much to fast I still use my mouse and occasionally I use the touch feature. But to say I use the touch a lot…no not at all so if i had bought the pen only version i think I would be happy to.

hope this is a bit of a help.

cheers,
john
MB
Mirco Bott
Feb 11, 2010
"Mirco Bott
S
Sam
Feb 13, 2010
"Mirco Bott
J
Joel
Feb 13, 2010
john wrote:

Mirco Bottèr schreef:
Hi
Thanx Mirco
Well I have recently bought a wacom pen and touch.

I use it for photoshop and premiere (elements. I have never owned any other tablet but I worked with a trust tablet which was really crap.
I am using this for a month or 2 now and for the relative low price compared to flagship tablets this is ok for me. It did take me 2 weeks to get used to the tablet.

I bought the pen and touch so I thought I could remove my mouse. That is to much to fast I still use my mouse and occasionally I use the touch feature. But to say I use the touch a lot…no not at all so if i had bought the pen only version i think I would be happy to.
hope this is a bit of a help.

cheers,
john

I have been using Tablet for over 2 decades, and I have been using Wacom for around 5-6 years (I have 3 wacom tablets). I too can’t tell the difference besides.

– Driver was very hard to find, and I often use the simulating (I forget what it’s called) to have the tablet worked with all Windows apps. Else, it usually require specific driver for specific aps.

– Quality was much better than current (Wacom made by real cheap material)

– At home I was using 12×12" tablet, and much happier with the smaller size 4×5"
AM
Anoni Moose
Feb 14, 2010
On 2/13/2010 4:37 AM, Sam wrote:
"Mirco Bottèr" wrote in message
Hi
Thanx Mirco

Over the years, I’ve used a Trust, a Logitch and a Wacom tablet. To be honest, the Wacom was the best, with the Trust tablet coming a close second. I didn’t rate the Logitech one very highly at all.

I’ve an antique Wacom that I’m happy with. I particularly liked that it was a really ancient model that I bought used (for cheapness, not knowing if I’d really like a tablet) and found that Wacom still provided updated drivers for new OS’s — despite being REALLY old (remember RS-232 links?).

Mike
J
Joel
Feb 17, 2010
Anoni Moose wrote:

On 2/13/2010 4:37 AM, Sam wrote:
"Mirco Bottèr" wrote in message
Hi
Thanx Mirco

Over the years, I’ve used a Trust, a Logitch and a Wacom tablet. To be honest, the Wacom was the best, with the Trust tablet coming a close second. I didn’t rate the Logitech one very highly at all.

I’ve an antique Wacom that I’m happy with. I particularly liked that it was a really ancient model that I bought used (for cheapness, not knowing if I’d really like a tablet) and found that Wacom still provided updated drivers for new OS’s — despite being REALLY old (remember RS-232 links?).
Mike

Updating newer driver for newer OS is what I like about Wacom, else I don’t see much difference between campanies (I have used about 4 different companies and my first 2 or so before Wacom was born, or I never heard avout Wacom then).

And the only difference I can see is the marterial quality and the feel. The writing PLASTIC of other tablets I had were much better.

1. You can write for years without scratching the surface like Wacom does (I have to cover my wacoms with a piece of laminate plastic to protect the surface.

2. Other tablets, you feel like writing on regular paper instead of plastic like Wacom does.

The first couple tablets I had were using PUCK (wired), then wireless pen with (1) AAA and then later (2) small batteries (similar to hearing aid battery). And Wacom is the first wireless pen without battery.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections